INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restarting a video?  (Read 3980 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Restarting a video?
« on: November 13, 2016, 11:41:59 pm »

Sorry but this is going to sound like a real newbie question......

In theater view, is there an easy way to restart playing a video from the beginning? Either once you've started playing the file (and realised that you stopped it last time when the credits started...) or when you ask the file to play.

It's probably obvious, but i've just not found it.

thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Restarting a video?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 03:11:24 am »

AFAIR, you can just press stop twice, it should reset the bookmark and resume from the start if you press play again.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 04:27:09 am »

Works a treat. Many thanks

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:03:24 pm »

You can go to Tools>Options>General>Behavior>Resume Playback using Bookmarks",  set to "Ask" if you want a popup menu where you can choose "resume from last position" or " start from beginning".

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 09:20:37 am »

And by george, that works a treat as well.

Many thanks  :D

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 03:36:17 pm »

AFAIR, you can just press stop twice, it should reset the bookmark and resume from the start if you press play again.

Is there any way we can get the timing between the "double stop" to be a bit more forgiving?

On my remote control, the play control commands are done via my Logitech Harmony Smart Control blasting IR to a USB-UIRT which is picked up by Girder which then issues the appropriate MCC command for the play controls.

I can get Double-Stop to work if I use the remote, but sometimes it takes two or three tries.
My daughter can get it too, but it takes her more like 5-10 tries.
My wife can never get it.

I think the issue is that that chain slows things down a bit, and the double-stop doesn't actually trigger as a single action, because they don't come in quickly enough. I need, in effect, the setting to slow down the double-click speed for double-stop.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 08:50:21 am »

or you need a special mcc command to do the double stop action.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 08:55:02 am »

Is there any way we can get the timing between the "double stop" to be a bit more forgiving?

If you stop any time after it's stopped, it'll flush the bookmark.  So even if you press stop 10 minutes later.  But it has to actually be stopped and it could take a second or two for a stop to take effect depending on usage.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 10:10:34 am »

You can go to Tools>Options>General>Behavior>Resume Playback using Bookmarks",  set to "Ask" if you want a popup menu where you can choose "resume from last position" or " start from beginning".

Just be aware that if you do this and then want to use JRemote to browse content and start playback there is not an easy way in JRemote to deal with that prompt. It takes navigating several screens to get to the remote control functionally and then back again to where you were.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 04:03:08 pm »

If you stop any time after it's stopped, it'll flush the bookmark.  So even if you press stop 10 minutes later.  But it has to actually be stopped and it could take a second or two for a stop to take effect depending on usage.
This is actually a problem for me.  I wanted to add a stop command when my family turns off the TV (I can do this through event ghost), but I was finding that we would be watching a recorded show, and if we stopped it (which 90% of the time we did), then turned off the TV, it would clear the bookmark.  I would love it if you added some logic that the second press had to come within a few seconds.  My family has a bad habit of either pausing, or just letting live TV running, and it thrashes my hard drives, or worse yet, ties up a tuner.

Or, if you could add a mcc command that would not count as a second press of the stop button, that would work as well.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 09:25:58 am »

I wish there was a trick like this to DELETE a show quickly and easily. Something like:
-watching a show
-press STOP
-press CH DOWN
-show gets deleted without confirmation
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

baniels

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 11:11:03 am »

Interesting. I didn't know about the double stop, but this explains the occasional failure to resume.

Is it possible to disable the doulble stop? I'd rather deal with rewinding to the beginning than have to find my place by fast forwarding when stop is hit twice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up