INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playback interrupted at end of an album  (Read 1858 times)

dbelshei

playback interrupted at end of an album
« on: November 14, 2016, 09:29:49 am »

I am new to jriver and I have been using jriver MC22 for just a couple of months. Everything is fine except that sometimes in the last 15 seconds of playback of the last song on an album, jriver goes silent for about 3 seconds.   I noticed that at the end of every album, instead of displaying the timing, bitrate and zone, jriver will display "Waiting".  If I add another track to the album, and re-play what is now the second to the last track, "Waiting" does not appear and everything is fine.  If I am playing back PCM, I have never heard an interruption, but if I playback for an SACD iso, there will be an interruption, except some tracks seem to have 10-15 seconds of silence at the end already.  I have jriver downmix 5.1 SACD iso's to 4.0.  Any suggestions?

dbelshei

Re: playback interrupted at end of an album
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:06:32 pm »

No comment?  I can workaround the problem by adding another track at the end of "Playing Now", but it seems I shouldn't need to do that.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: playback interrupted at end of an album
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 03:13:13 pm »

I see something similar. After the last track, or when I press stop, MC will frequently seem to freeze for 10 seconds or so. It usually says "Waiting", the MC window will go white, and the task manager says MC is "not responding". I wasn't able to duplicate the problem on my desktop playing through the computer speakers, so I assumed it must have something to do with playing to the USB DAC. But it's only a minor bother, and doesn't actually interrupt playback (it just makes MC unresponsive for a bit after playback has ended), so I haven't spent a lot of time trying to figure out what's going on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up