INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play Youtube from Theater View  (Read 4980 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Can't play Youtube from Theater View
« on: November 15, 2016, 11:27:37 am »

Hi,

Yet another MC version (22) and I still can't play any Youtube videos from Theater View. No matter which video I try, I get the "Something went wrong with playback. The file could not be found...etc." message. The same videos play in Standard View, although every 3rd or 4th time I play in Standard View makes MC unresponsive and I have to restart it. This is also the exact same behavior as MC 21, MC 20 etc., I can't even remember in which version it last worked.

I figure this must be some setting or some problem with Windows 7, but at some point it worked with this Windows 7 installation. Since everything else on this dedicated home theater computer is running as smoothly as when I first installed Windows 7, I really don't wanna spend a whole day reinstalling and configuring everything all over.

Also, a pretty recent thing that started happening is that every time I play or download a Youtube successfully in Standard View, the dialog where I select what to do always appears twice for every video. To avoid restarting playback or downloading twice I just click Cancel the second time.

So please, does anyone have any suggestion of what to try? Does anyone know exactly what Windows components, libaries, DLLs, codecs etc. are used for Youtube playback in Theater View? I can be pretty sure it's not a video driver issue, since I recently changed from an ATI to a Nvidia graphics card and that changed nothing. Obviously I've also tried with both IE and Chrome browser engines, both logged in and not logged into Youtube.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't play Youtube from Theater View
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 07:01:30 am »

Could you provide a link to something that works in Standard View, but not in Theater View?

MC uses 3D drawing in Theater View, so the video driver could be the problem.

jachin99

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 08:55:51 am »

I've been having the same problem but it seems like it has gotten better recently.  .  If I'm not mistaken, some video card drivers are interchangeable between brands because they use the same, or similar chipsets.  Maybe changing video card drivers alone isn't enough to isolate the problems, if the same flaws are written across multiple driver sources. 

What video card driver does play you tube videos well in theater view?  Answering this might be less of headache than trying all kinds of unknown drivers. 

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 01:02:25 pm »

I just tried it I did not have a problem playing videos from theater view...

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

audunth

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 05:42:09 pm »

I have had 2 different ATI cards and one Nvidia card since this stopped working. ATI and Nvidia are different chipsets with completely different drivers, so I'm pretty positive it's not a video driver issue.

I play mostly movie trailers. Search for Movie Trailers on Youtube. They all play in Standard view, but none in Theater View. Here's one https://youtu.be/gbug3zTm3Ws
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 05:58:56 pm »

I just played that video in theater view.

I had an ATI video card on my last computer and it stopped working once and it was due to new drivers were installed, and I had to roll back on the driver to get it to work correctly. not sure why it just did.

I hope you find a solution...
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 06:01:23 pm »

I can play it in Theater View by going to Video > Youtube and  doing a search for Logan and then clicking on either of the first two thumbnails.  I'm playing on my laptop's screen, not on a second screen, etc.

What is the full version of MC you are using?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 07:14:05 pm »

I can confirm the Logan trailer plays in both Standard View and Theatre View on my Workstation PC (Windows 10 Pro 64bit) with an AMD HD5870 video card (Driver 15.201.1151.1008), running either as a Client of my HTPC, or as a stand alone version of MC. I'm using the Internet Explorer as the Web Browser Engine.

It also plays in both Standard View and Theatre View on my HTPC, which has the specs shown in my signature.

YouTube videos are higher resolution these days, and higher bitrates. Maybe your PC is struggling to cope?

I only get the MC dialogue once in Standard view usually. It plays fine when selecting the "Show the webpage" option, and also plays fine when selecting "Play the file inside the player", although I did get a YouTube error (An error occurred. Please try again later.) show up after playing it inside the player, when MC drops back to the Standard View interface, and YouTube tries to play the next video. But that was YouTube, not MC, or a combination of both. I did see the dialogue pop up twice after receiving the YouTube error, and switching often between the "Show the webpage" and "Play the file inside the player", but the video still worked fine.

Actually, after some more playing, if I play YouTube trailers in Standard View and select the "Show the webpage" option, then let YouTube move on to the next video automatically, the MC dialogue does pop up twice consistently at the beginning of each video. That shouldn't be happening. (I'm using the current Beta version Jim.) Of course if I select the "Keep using this answer" checkbox in the dialogue, it doesn't pop up again at all.

When played in Theatre View there is no YouTube error, and at the end of the trailer MC drops back to the MC view I was in before starting the trailer, which was the YouTube>Search view.

While the above isn't perfect, I think there is something wrong with your setup Audunth. I don't think it is a video driver, since you get the message "File could not be found..." and this issue has persisted through multiple MC versions on your PC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 09:41:59 am »

Actually, after some more playing, if I play YouTube trailers in Standard View and select the "Show the webpage" option, then let YouTube move on to the next video automatically, the MC dialogue does pop up twice consistently at the beginning of each video. That shouldn't be happening.

Coming next build:
Fixed: When a YouTube video finished playing, it could show two popups for subsequent videos.

Thanks for the report.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up