INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art not being Embedded in song file  (Read 2851 times)

mediaphile

Cover Art not being Embedded in song file
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:33:28 pm »

I have ripped a number of CDs and the album art shows up nicely in JRiver Media Center on the machine that did the ripping. When I copied (using drag and drop between drives) the album folders to my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) SD card, the cover art for those albums are not displayed (as it is for my older albums). I have also tried subsequently dragging and dropping the album art itself into various folders without luck.

I have a number of players (for off-line listening) on my phone and none of them show the new cover art: Play Music, Music, and my preferred option (at least for now) Rocket Player.

In Media Center 22.0.32, it doesn’t appear as if album art is being embedded in the song file or included in the album folder.
In “Tools > Options > General >”, “Save cover art inside tags when possible” is not an option as suggested here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Save_Cover_Art_in_the_file_.28when_possible.29
Although I do see in “Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art”, “Also store image in file’s tag” is checked.

Let me know if I missed documentation that addresses this issue of if you require any additional information.

I welcome any recommendations. Thank you.

frankpfa

• Change this by choosing profile
Re: Cover Art not being Embedded in song file
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 01:58:33 pm »

Having the same issue (mc 21.0.90). Cover art isn't saved into the files anymore... This doesn't seem to work: “Also store image in file’s tag”.

Also, when re-saving a file, its inside cover is removed! So it gets worse with every library clean-up.

Was never an issue in years past, now covers don't sync outside MC.

Thanks for any advice.

Frank

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 01:55:58 pm »

It seems like I'm having this problem too with MC 22.  How does one verify that cover art is embedded in the file?

Chris

rexmcartor

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 05:29:18 pm »

This seems to happen randomly to me.  Like 9 out of 10 tracks on an album will work and then one random one won't save it.  It will if I go back and do that one individually though.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 08:07:25 pm »

In “Tools > Options > General >”, “Save cover art inside tags when possible” is not an option as suggested here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Save_Cover_Art_in_the_file_.28when_possible.29
Old Wiki article

Although I do see in “Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art”, “Also store image in file’s tag” is checked.
Correct setting.

Also, when re-saving a file, its inside cover is removed! So it gets worse with every library clean-up.
That sounds wrong, and buggish. What do you mean by re-save file? Steps to reproduce?

How does one verify that cover art is embedded in the file?

Select an audio track, open Tag Window, see what it says in the [Image File] tag. You should all do this to see what is going on.

The tag will have either a full path to the Cover Art image file, or just say "Inside File"

This seems to happen randomly to me.  Like 9 out of 10 tracks on an album will work and then one random one won't save it.  It will if I go back and do that one individually though.

Are you ripping CDs using a separate program from MC? Someone was doing that recently and found the last file wasn't being updated with meta data or similar. We guessed that it was probably because the external program hadn't yet released the last file ripped. The length of the file made a difference. Closing the external program made a difference, as long as you waited a moment. Search for the thread.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up