INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upsample to 2xDSD?  (Read 2632 times)

Ki Choi

• Recent member
Upsample to 2xDSD?
« on: November 17, 2016, 04:32:55 pm »

Hi,

My goal is to set MC22 DSP output format to 2xDSD and let my DAC see only 2xDSD data.
Setting the DSP Output to raw 2xDSD ASIO, MC22 is upsampling PCM files into 2xDSD fine.

However, when playing DSD64 files, MC22 is still outputting as DSD and not as 2xDSD data output.

Is there a way to upsample all DSD and PCM as 2xDSD data within MC22 in real-time?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Upsample to 2xDSD?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 04:38:00 pm »

In DSP Studio (Ctrl + D) you set Output Format > Output Encoding to "2xDSD in native format".

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 05:04:38 pm »

In DSP Studio (Ctrl + D) you set Output Format > Output Encoding to "2xDSD in native format".

That is what he has set, except ASIO instead of native. The problem seems to be that PCM gets converted to 2xDSD but 1xDSD does not. I think I have seen this comment before but no real solution. I think the issue is that to convert DSD to 2xDSD requires going through PCM and that Output Encoding does not do that step. It seems like it is only set up to do PCM to DSD conversions. It would be nice to get this confirmed by Matt or Hendrik.

Ki Choi

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 07:19:20 pm »

Yes, I have MC22 DSP Output Format to 2xDSD in Native Format (requires ASIO and 2xDSD capable DAC).

My DAC is Mytek Stereo 192 DSD Mastering version with the latest firmware. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up