INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playing BD mult-episode (game of thrones) with MC22 only shows one episode of 3  (Read 3814 times)

dlbrum

• Recent member

Probably a setting,  but ??   doesn't get top menu,   or select episode capability,  just shows first episode content..  disk,  not rip.... 

waahhhh..... ?    Disk plays fine in standalone player.   Using ANYDVD HD.   

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

MC doesn't display BD menus.
If you are ripping the disk to your computer use the (free) makeMKV program and then it will rip each episode as a separate mkv file. MC can then display those episodes in order and display correctly as the series and season.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

You need to select the "Playlist" for the EPS you want, by either:
- If using a Mouse --> Right Click --> Title and select the one you want
- If use a RC in Theaterview --> up arrow to Settings --> Title --> arrow to select the one you want.

If you want to rip the BD you can then use Particles to tag each of these eps as an individual track in MC for later playback.
JRiver CEO Elect

dlbrum

• Recent member

thank you !

dlbrum

• Recent member

Well,  sorry,  but " - If using a Mouse --> Right Click --> Title and select the one you want "  escapes me.    I am on PC mc22,   click "video"  find the device (BD drive with the disk in),   but I don't find a menu to right click "title"   .   I see tag,  plan and menu,  and none of those let me choose a playlist or title.

Oddly,   I can find episodes  in PowerDVD 15,    but of course I'm _much_ more sophisticated and hip now with MC.... 

I'll graduate to "particles"   once I get past this first hurdle I hope...

BillT

• World Citizen

If you start the bluray playing and right click, then you should get a menu with Title as an option, which lets you chose episodes. It works with ripped BDs and I've just tried it with a disc in the PC drive and it works with that as well.

CountryBumkin

The problem with Particles or the Title method is that you can't tell from either which is episode 2 vs. 1 or 3. You need to do a lot of investigative work.

I think Jmone has a program he developed that goes onto the Internet and downloads or matches the Titles and provides the correct "names" for each. I didn't try it myself because its just too much work (when I can just rip my BDs to MKV and then just enter the episode number manually in MC). See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,98984.0.html

Another popular workaround is to buy a program like PowerDVD (PDVD) (which works with menus) then use that for playing BDs and MC for everything else. You can start PDVD from within MC so it is seamless from Theater View.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

FYI - My prog, gets Chapter names for a selected Playlist.  What the OP is after is getting details on the actual Playlists themselves such as Names / Eps #.  The only way I know of doing this is for the player to read the info on the disk and and this is not currently possible.  There is an open source libbluray that will do this but Hendrik has said it is not in a good enough state to use ... and there seems to have been little development over the last year, so we are stuck.
JRiver CEO Elect

dlbrum

• Recent member

Right click while playing was the secret ingredient.   Thanks,   There they were...  Appreciate the response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up