INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback on Theather View from first time user  (Read 1613 times)

Andy22

Feedback on Theather View from first time user
« on: November 18, 2016, 03:50:12 am »

Hi,

i just tested several media centers (Kodi, Emby, Plex, Stremio) and JRiver looked promising, it had madvr support and imported all my media files without a problem, even on a random flat structure, something that Kodi still wont allow.

The main problem i had even further exploring jriver was the ugly and broken looking Theater View. I'm using Mediaportal atm with its default skin, so i'm not this obsessed with flashy looking skins like many Kodi/Emby users. Yet nearly every "list style" view i tried for Tv shows or Movies looks ugly and strangely layouted. The font to image ratio is off in most list views and the way information is presented seems clunky. I tried to find any skins that would come a bit closer to Mediaportal/Kodi, but most seem to be just slightly tweaked color variants, with some shuffling of menu entries.

I don't mind the old style of the default view, but as a Mediacenter the Theater View is what i will use most of the time. I would have probably bought jriver, if it would offer something more similar to the Mediaportal "Streamed MP" theme. I also could not find any "wide banner" TV view, which is quite popular in most skins.
Pages: [1]   Go Up