INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media center 22 on ARM64 - Odroid C2  (Read 3296 times)

Lobotom1

• Recent member
Media center 22 on ARM64 - Odroid C2
« on: November 20, 2016, 08:15:15 am »

Hi,

Last week I tried to install the Media center arm version on my odroid C2 but as it is an ARM64 It didn't install at all.

Is there a way to proceed with the installation or will I need to wait for a specific version of the mediacenter for arm64 processors?

Many Thanks,

Lobotom1

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Media center 22 on ARM64 - Odroid C2
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 09:49:41 am »

Hi,

Last week I tried to install the Media center arm version on my odroid C2 but as it is an ARM64 It didn't install at all.

Is there a way to proceed with the installation or will I need to wait for a specific version of the mediacenter for arm64 processors?

Many Thanks,

Lobotom1

Some folks managed to get it running on a pine arm64.  I think you just need to setup multiarch and install the appropriate dependencies for the different arch.

Check out these threads for some tips:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,104382.msg725627.html#msg725627
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,105255.msg732302.html

You may hit some other issues with the ODroids though;  the C1 and the U3 didn't support 32-bit color, so MC only ever appeared as a blank white box on those boards.  Hopefully they actually fixed that in the C2; I gave up on their boards after only having problems with their earlier boards that were never fixed before they were EOL (the color bitdepth was only the tip of the iceberg).

Lobotom1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 12:47:31 pm »

Thank you I will investigate this and get back with the results

Lobotom1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 08:42:51 am »

So far so good, Thank you mwillms :)

Here is what I did to allow mediacenter to install on the odroid C2:

1) Install stock Ubuntu (16.4)
2) setup the odroid DAC as per odroid reference : http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:c2_hifi_shield. (A wrong dac ship can still provide sound through I2S)
Code: [Select]
echo "snd_soc_pcm5102" >> /etc/modules
echo "snd_soc_odroid_dac" >> /etc/modules
3)Reboot
4) Install architecture ARMHF:
Code: [Select]
dpkg --add-architecture armhf
apt-get update
apt-get install libc6:armhf
The line "apt-get install nameofpackage:armhf " mentionned in the Pine64 howto is not worknig on the odroid.
5)Reboot
6) Proceed with the installation process of mediacenter as for the pi.

Odroid C2 works like a charm with JRiver and an external I2S DAC (DDDAC with pcm179x)

PS : if anyone know how to install a driver "snd_soc_pcm179x" that would be great as it is not present in the Ubuntu 16.4 from Odroid.

Hope this can help

Pages: [1]   Go Up