INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No audio with JRiver MC 22 - etc  (Read 2229 times)

kendrew

• Recent member
No audio with JRiver MC 22 - etc
« on: November 20, 2016, 08:24:43 pm »

JRiver installed on iMac. (Sierra 10.12.1 )
JRemote installed on iPad. (iOS 10.11)
Cambridge Audio CXN streamer/renderer, wireless to iMac.

Had been using JRiver 21.0.80 with JRemote 3.22 and MacOs El Capitan for some time. Mostly worked OK except Media Center would crash every now and then.

Updated to MacOs Sierra a while ago. Media Center still unstable at times.

Updated to MC 22.0.41 yesterday and saw all my music files (plus podcasts/photos) imported to the “Main Library”.

Opened MC and selected a music track. Volume level indicators working but no audio output.

Opened JRemote - would not connect - blank screen on iPad with rotating gear wheel. (not sure if iOS 10.11 had installed itself earlier yesterday).

Cloned “Main Library", added a new library and imported my original music folder (as was in MC21).

Still cannot play files - either through “Player” or through JRemote/CXN/audio setup.

I am very confused and don’t know what I should do; rather than jump in and uninstall/install etc.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

J

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No audio with JRiver MC 22 - etc
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 06:40:22 am »

See if you can get it to work without using JRemote. 

You are apparently using DLNA / UPnP.  A direct setup (using a cable) would be easier to debug.

There are server settings in MC under Media Network.  You could try converting to MP3, just as a test.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:11:37 am »

Restore your MC21 library backup.

kendrew

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 02:06:12 am »

Thank you both.

I was quite demoralized by my experiences with MC22/JRemote yesterday.

This morning (before reading your suggestions) I opened MC21 (still installed).
What a relief and pleasure to find my custom library and that JRemote connected without hesitation and I've been able to play my selections via the CXN/audio setup with no trouble whatsoever.
However, I had observed some time ago that the internal iMac "Player" no longer works in MC21 - whether there's some conflict between "Boom2" (which I find excellent with all other audio) I don't know.

At this stage I think I'll bide my time and continue with MC21 and hope that relevant bugs in MC22 will be ironed out soon. Unless you and other Gurus have other suggestions.

J
Pages: [1]   Go Up