INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display NEW on unwatched shows in Theater View  (Read 1934 times)

tbellinson

Display NEW on unwatched shows in Theater View
« on: November 21, 2016, 09:05:23 pm »

One of the things I liked about NextPVR is that we could see which shows had "new" unwatched episodes. Can MC do this? If not, it would be a really nice feature to add.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display NEW on unwatched shows in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 06:58:41 am »

There are instructions here https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85974.0 on how to add a "Watched" field. I have been using it for so long now, I don't remember what the default setup looks like. Take a look at the link/thread and see if that is what you're looking for.
Good luck.

UPDATE: I was just looking at my MC installation on my laptop (which is pretty much stock/default MC) and it has the "Watched" "checkmark" and shows "percentage of show watched" already built in so I'm not sure what your asking for. A Show that doesn't have a "checkmark" next to the episode name has not been watched yet.

Also, in Theater View, under Shows, at the top of the view there is a Tab "Recent" that lists all the new shows in order of date they were added to MC. So "newest" is at the top of the list.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display NEW on unwatched shows in Theater View
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 07:15:09 pm »

It would be nice if you could put an overlay in the corner of the thumbnail for the Series and Season, perhaps with the word "New" in a triangle and on an angle, sort of like the overlay on Windows shortcuts, whenever there were new episodes in the Series or Season respectively. I made a couple of example images to show what I mean. See attached.

But you could use an expression in the Display rules to add the word "New" to the display whenever any episode in the Series or Season was unwatched, I'm sure. That expression may be a bit complex though. Something like;

"If any file in this group does not have the watched tag, mark this group with the New word or image overlay."

There is a challenge for someone!  ;D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up