INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library & Zwave Server on Raspberry PI  (Read 1967 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Library & Zwave Server on Raspberry PI
« on: November 21, 2016, 09:20:43 pm »

I'm moving into a bigger place, and I'll need a library server.  I also want to start playing around with home automation stuff so I am curious as to whether using a Id PI as a library server, and Zwave hub so to speak would be a good idea, or if it would be too taxing on the system.  I know the PI cannot handle video very well, so all of my clients should be strong enough to handle their own video processing.  I would like to share my library over the network, and avoid DLNA, or DLNA related technologies. 

I am thinking of this kind of setup because the PI seems more energy efficient than a full PC acting as a server.  If I am to include whole house audio with the server, then I also need a way to turn on whatever stereo will be providing whole house audio from the PI.  I am thinking if I can find software for it that can send a network trigger to a windows PC, I can possibly have that machine turn on the receiver VIA Event Ghost. 

Just looking for any kind of feedback, and if my plan is completely out of whack, then let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up