INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't get iPad to synch to MC21 library  (Read 4303 times)

mribob

• Recent member
can't get iPad to synch to MC21 library
« on: November 29, 2016, 06:03:47 pm »

I've been a happy long time user of  MC, and have upgraded each time up to MC 21. Recently I've not been able to get my iPad to syn ch remotely to the JRiver MC host library...when I active the app on the iPad, it says 'not connected', timed out...IP address is correct, then it finds a second pathway, and states timed out.
I go and re-enter the Access Key as found on the MC server, and re enter the IP address, and no joy.
I have deleted and reloaded the app, and rebooted, but for whatever reason I've lost the ability to control my music while sitting in listening chair from iPad, which is a real bummer.
I have JRiver installed on dedicated laptop running Windows 10 with an internal SSD.
Please provide some guidance on what I need to do to successfully launch the app from iPad and have it sync with library. I do not have any firewalls except Windows defender.
Thanks in advance,
Enjoy the music,
Bob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: can't get iPad to synch to MC21 library
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 06:21:07 pm »

You could try turning Media Network off and back on.  That will generate a new Access Key.  Then try entering it in JRemote.  No IP address is needed at that point.

The problem is probably with the Windows firewall.  Windows Defender is not your firewall.

mribob

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:12:53 pm »

How do I turn off MC to have it generate new access code? I also tried using IP address option to connect and no joy.
Thanks for responding and offer of help.
Bob

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:57:45 pm »

Tools > Options > Media Network.  Uncheck and re-check Media Network.

mribob

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 11:40:43 pm »

Moderator:
I attempted your suggestions, but my MC generated the identical access code.
I purchased another JRemote  app for my wife's iPad, which is newer, and installed the access code, and same problem:
It finds the IP address, then times out, and fails to connect.
When I have time, I uninstall the library, and attempt to reload JRemote on my iPad, and it synchs and finds my MC21 one time out of 6...so its intermittent. When it does synch, and permits me to select my music files, and I go to a different app, and return to JRemote, it doesn't find the system, and fails to connect with 'time out' error.
What other suggestions do you have that might be with my home network, or settings on my PC based laptop running Windows and MC21 to solve this vexing problem, that prevents me from enjoying JRiver, and controlling all my music from my seat, instead of the computer....
I would love to solve this problem. Thanks,
Bob

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 06:22:17 am »

A firewall may be blocking access on the server.  Please read the Network Access topic on our wiki.

mribob

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 10:30:17 am »

Thanks, I'll try those steps. On my old, original iPad, its running  iOS iPad 3, version 9.3.5....... When I open Remote, the library says Desktop -Fbhl2nn, which is not the access code my JRiver 21 is providing. I am running version 3.22 on my Remote. I have MC21 installed, not MC 22..would the upgrade to 22 solve this problem?
I have my server name: Desktop-Fbhl2nn,  and my unique access key.
I have my internal IP address, my port,
and a MAC  address, I have it set for generic dnla, and to auto connect to last server on launch.
Upon trying to connect I receive the following errors:
i; finding computer addresses associated with access key "xxxxxx"
i; response received
green check; found 2 addresses
wifi logo: connecting to IP:.....port 52199
Timed out
wifi logo: connecting to IP:  the outside IP address, same port
red triangle : could not connect (Error: ConnectFailure (connection refused)

Could I try to establish a VPN to make the remote connection?
Not sure why my ability to make the Remote connection is intermittent...if it was not configured correctly, it would never make the handshake...
Any further suggestions of course will be appreciated.
Regards,
Bob

mribob

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 02:16:17 pm »

went into configuration of my network router, and established proper gateway to IP and port of JRiver, and now everything is working well....must just be my low level computer skills.
Thanks for your guidance and assistance.
Is there a place where I can learn how to optimize the sound output options for both rebook CD, and high resolution downloads, and DSD files?
Just want to verify that I have JRiver configured optimally for my playback thru my DSD Dac.
Thanks,
Bob

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 01:48:45 am »

I suggest you check this link for optimal settings for your os.
http://www.rightnote.co.uk/pdfs/dcs_guide_to_computer_audio.pdf
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up