INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: madVR Settings Error [Solved]  (Read 5481 times)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
madVR Settings Error [Solved]
« on: November 30, 2016, 12:55:02 am »

In Options, I clicked on Video | ...Open MadVR settings (advanced)...
and received the error in the attached screen shot.

The file exists in the path specified in the error message, but I notice there is no drive letter in the msg box path.

Does anyone know why this problem exists, and how I can fix it?

I am running MC V22.0.32 on Win 10-64

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MadVR Settings Error
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 06:33:50 am »

Did you set MC to run Red October HQ?  That uses madVR.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 08:38:49 am »

Did you set MC to run Red October HQ?  That uses madVR.
Yes. In fact, that option is only available if I select ROHQ.
For what it's worth,  video has been playing fine (although I did. It try video since receiving that message)

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 11:53:23 am »

Yes. In fact, that option is only available if I select ROHQ.
For what it's worth,  video has been playing fine (although I did. It try video since receiving that message)

If you are playing a movie, can you right click on the display and select "DirectShow Filiters" > madVR, where you can then access the madVR settings?

Are you logged in as an "Administrator" on that computer? Was MC installed under your UserName or as an Administrator?

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 08:15:13 pm »

If you are playing a movie, can you right click on the display and select "DirectShow Filiters" > madVR, where you can then access the madVR settings?
Yes, I can access it.

Are you logged in as an "Administrator" on that computer? Was MC installed under your UserName or as an Administrator?
I am the admin of my machine and all installed are done by me.

I still wonder if the reason may be that there is no drive letter in the path reported in the message box.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 10:59:12 pm »

Is your user name on that computer actually, in fact, "User"? Because that is what the image shows. It is a bit weird and unimaginative if that is correct.

Anyway in these sorts of cases I would normally;
1. Close MC.
2. Delete the madVR directory completely. (That is the "madVR" directory as per your image, not just the contents.)
3. Restart the PC and log in as the User you normally use. (Hopefully not the one called "User"!)
4. Restart MC and play a video with ROHQ selected as the video mode.

MC will then re-download and reinstall madVR. Most of the time that fixes strange issues with madVR installations under MC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 11:17:01 pm »

Is your user name on that computer actually, in fact, "User"? Because that is what the image shows. It is a bit weird and unimaginative if that is correct.
re: User. Afraid so. I didn't pay attention when it came from the manufacturer. But that is not the name I log in as, but it is my home dir. Oh well. I thought of "fixing" it but didn't want to have to go through every nook and cranny that might have the user directory in it .

I'll try deleting madvr and see if that works.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MadVR Settings Error [Solved]
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 11:27:56 pm »

Solved.

When I tried to delete the madvr directory, I received a message that it was in use by another process. I used sysinternals Handle to find what was using madvr and it was madhcctrl.exe, which is located in the madvr directory. I must have inadvertently clicked it at some point.

I killed madhcctrl and now I can access settings from the options box.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up