INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 22.0.41 does not import new movies  (Read 2229 times)

jorsan

• World Citizen
22.0.41 does not import new movies
« on: November 30, 2016, 06:50:48 am »

I follow the same process as always but with this new version JRiver does not recognize new addition to my movies library. Settings are ok for autorun (as always) but something is wrong.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 22.0.41 does not import new movies
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 08:33:48 am »

"Autorun"? Did you mean "auto-import"?
Do you have your folder or drive shown in the "Folders" window under Media Import, that you want MC to "watch"? If yes, are these new imports or something that was previously in the library then deleted? If deleted previously, and you want to reimport them, be sure to uncheck the box "Ignore Files previously removed from Library". It located under "Tasks" in the Configure Auto-Import settings.

Can you located the file/movie in "Standard View>Drives & Devices>Explorer" and right click the file and select "Import into Library"? Does that work?

randobills

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:28:54 am »

I've got the same problem..i've got two mkv files that jriver thinks are tv shows...if you go to video > files they're listed..but when you go to video movies they're not listed...what does "movies" look for as an attribute?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 11:51:08 am »

In Standard View>Video>Files view, add a column for "media sub type" (you can right click on the column header and add any field from the list shown). Then you can change the media sub tag from "TV Show" to "Movie" or vise-versa by selecting the file and hitting F2 key to edit that row.

When you setup the folders to be "Watched" at Tools>Options>Library & Folders>configure auto import (adding each folder where you import your media from), you can have MC automatically apply the media sub type that you want.

For example: All of your Movies might be located at :D\Movies\movieName  and your TV Shows might be at D:\TV-Shows\seriesName
Then you would set up the auto-import to watch folder "D:\Movies" and "D:\TV-Shows".

Then in the configure auto-import setup (for each folder) you can use the "Apply these tags (optional)" to have MC add the media sub tag (i.e. "Movie" or "TV Show", etc.) to everything that is imported from that folder. I have separate folders for Music, Images, Movies, TV-Shows, Music Videos.

If you don't tell MC what type of media sub type to use (as described above) I believe MC will assign "TV Show" to any video under 60 minutes and "Movie" to everything longer than 60 minutes.

randobills

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 01:49:21 pm »

thanks that worked
Pages: [1]   Go Up