INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IOS 10 Update Availability in App Store  (Read 14930 times)

Cinelder

• World Citizen
IOS 10 Update Availability in App Store
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:40:15 am »

In the locked thread “IOS 10 and JRemote” Bob posted (Reply #47 November 28, 2016, 01:51:32 pm) that a IOS 10 update for JRemote has been released for distribution. 

However, as of this morning (November 30, 2016) when I checked the App Store (Canada), up comes the same version as before (Build  325) from October 25, 2015.  Is there any indication when the update for IOS 10 will be available in the App Store?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: IOS 10 Update Availability in App Store
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 12:10:19 pm »

^

I also see the same old version still. (I am in Switzerland)

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 01:43:03 pm »

Looks like the updated app is out there now. At least in the U.S.

Thanks JRiver!

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 03:27:51 pm »

Ok. Got it now too.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 04:06:56 pm »

Just gave the new version a try and as far as I can tell they fixed the three problems that I kept running into. I can save songs to a playlist, using the action menu no longer crashes the program and when adding a song to now playing the dialog box closes on it's own. Thanks guys, nicely done.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 04:24:56 pm »

I've also been running some tests. It's more stable than it has been for a long time. It took you a long time to fix. But you got there in the end. Many thanks for making the effort. Good job.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 04:54:29 pm »

The JRemote update is now available in the Canadian App Store, too.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 10:24:50 pm »

How about that.  I have a thought tonight about what is up with JRemote and that I have not seen any update in ages and low and behold here one is now.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 12:07:50 am »

Just one bug. In the version summary "what's new" message it refers to v3.10 when in fact it is on v3.23

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 12:14:14 am »

Mine updated to v3.23

Nice work, shame (because it's my duty as a user to grumble) there's still no "Play Doctor" or "Play > As Radio" option when playing to "This Device"...

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 02:14:34 am »

I am using the recently introduced Theater view in the MAC version of JRiver. Most works fine. When using JRemote with JRiver in TV mode, most function work as expected, however, I am not able to get the touch functionality, i.e. Swipe, Tap and Double Tap to work. TV/JRiver does not react to any activity on the touch area on the iPhone rendered by JRemote in remote mode. Is this a bug or are I doing something wrong?

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 06:58:02 am »

Hi all - on an iPhone 6S Plus, rotating from portrait to landscape and back messes up the screen layout of Now Playing. Otherwise a nice improvement over the previous version. Hope this is an easy and quick bug to fix!

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 07:00:31 am »

Everything works on both my iPad mini Gen 4 and iPhone 6S.  I use as a DLNA controller only!

BTW, I would love to see more effort put into this really fine product.  I'm willing to pay an annual license/upgrade fee to use if that would lead to more development.  Other's mileage may vary.

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 08:32:27 am »

On iPad 4 running os10, this update crashes at the end of each song.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. This only occurs when I'm playing to the iPad, not to the player.

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 02:19:23 pm »

On iPad 4 running os10, this update crashes at the end of each song.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. This only occurs when I'm playing to the iPad, not to the player.

I don't normally use it that way but I gave it a try and had no problems playing to an iPad Air 2 running IOS 10.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 03:00:57 pm »

I am not able to get the touch functionality, i.e. Swipe, Tap and Double Tap to work. TV/JRiver does not react to any activity on the touch area on the iPhone rendered by JRemote in remote mode. Is this a bug or are I doing something wrong?

That all works perfectly for me.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 10:08:24 am »

Just one bug. In the version summary "what's new" message it refers to v3.10 when in fact it is on v3.23
Thanks, I missed that  ::)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 10:11:30 am »

Transcoding on or off?
I had this issue in iOS 8.4 but not in any iOS 10 device.

RD James

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 11:37:59 am »

Seems like it fixed the crashes when removing headphones from an iPhone 7+
If I play a video with the phone vertically and rotate it during playback, the file list is distorted when closing the video.
Rotating to horizontal and back when the file list is visible in Playing Now breaks the view and I have to restart the app.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 11:54:23 am »

Seems like it fixed the crashes when removing headphones from an iPhone 7+
If I play a video with the phone vertically and rotate it during playback, the file list is distorted when closing the video.
Rotating to horizontal and back when the file list is visible in Playing Now breaks the view and I have to restart the app.
There are a couple of known issues with rotation. Thanks for the detail.

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 02:05:08 pm »

bob - I use the iPad with transcoding off. Just tested it with transcoding to 320 and it still crashes. Doesn't matter if the headphones are in or not. Doesn't matter if I'm on my home network or not. Consistently crashes with 10 seconds left in the song, even if there are no other songs queued. (I thought it might involve MC caching the next song.)

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 12:31:17 am »

Having the same issue.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 03:07:51 pm »

Same here, crashing after 1 song, transcoding off. Works perfectly on ipad mini 2, crashes on ipad 4, so must be 32 vs 64 bit issue. Both on ios10.1.1
Thanks, Robert
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 10:43:54 am »

Same here, crashing after 1 song, transcoding off. Works perfectly on ipad mini 2, crashes on ipad 4, so must be 32 vs 64 bit issue. Both on ios10.1.1
Thanks, Robert
The iPad 4 can't be the only device using 64 bit. Isn't any iPhone >5c is using 64 bit too??

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 10:47:52 am »

The iPad 4 can't be the only device using 64 bit. Isn't any iPhone >5c is using 64 bit too??

5S and anything newer (ie. 6 and 7) are 64-bit, 5C was the last 32-bit model.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 01:48:35 pm »

Just to be clear, works fine on our ipad mini 2 (which is 64 bit) and is broken on our ipad 4 (32 bit). The only difference is the ipads, which both run off the same jriver media mc22 running on a linux box. So my extrapolation is that the current release of jriver doesnt work with 32 bit apple devices. Ours are both on ios 10.1.1.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 03:56:57 pm »

Just to be clear, works fine on our ipad mini 2 (which is 64 bit) and is broken on our ipad 4 (32 bit). The only difference is the ipads, which both run off the same jriver media mc22 running on a linux box. So my extrapolation is that the current release of jriver doesn't work with 32 bit apple devices. Ours are both on ios 10.1.1.
iOS10 was released on 32 bit devices? Something I didn't know. That's likely a clue..

edwarduk

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 04:06:08 pm »

I was hoping that this update to JRemote would fix the inability of being able to scroll/scrub to a particular point in a video. Sadly for many movie types this is still not happening. Movies are simply seen as streamed as 'live'.

Seems like 'Total Time' is not being transmitted to JRemote whereas in a JRiver client it is.

Oh well. I have to continue using third party utilities to achieve what I want. 

acmeseed

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2016, 08:51:09 am »

Seems like 'Total Time' is not being transmitted to JRemote whereas in a JRiver client it is.

I am having the same issue, song cuts out before the end and JRemote exits.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2016, 10:18:10 am »

I was hoping that this update to JRemote would fix the inability of being able to scroll/scrub to a particular point in a video. Sadly for many movie types this is still not happening. Movies are simply seen as streamed as 'live'.

This is probably not due to Total Time (or lack of), but rather due to the JRemote Control Point not implementing Time-Based Seek or Byte-Based Seek functions.

Background: Some months ago, Hendrik made some changes to the MC Media Server for improving the Time-Based Seek and Byte-Based Seek functionality for playing video media. I guess that Hendrik also made counterpart adjustments to the Control Point and Media Player on the MC Client to take advantage of those improvements, but I guess that he forgot to do the same for the JRemote client. (??)

Just a thought, but perhaps Hendrik can comment on this?

acmeseed

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2016, 02:49:07 pm »

This is probably not due to Total Time (or lack of), but rather due to the JRemote Control Point not implementing Time-Based Seek or Byte-Based Seek functions.

In my case JRemote works well on 2 other iPads that have not been updated to the latest version running off the same server, only 1 iPad which I recently updated to the latest version of iOS 10 and JRemote is showing the problem.

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2016, 08:15:02 am »

I am still struggling with JRemote and Theater View (MC22 for MAC and iPhone 6+). JRemote works fine except for Touch commands, like Swipe, Tap, etc. The MAC does not react to any touch gesture.  I reconnected JRiver with a new access key. No change. Does anybody have the same problems.

P.S. Without Touch the JRemote app is pretty useless for Theater View.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2016, 11:29:22 am »

I am still struggling with JRemote and Theater View (MC22 for MAC and iPhone 6+). JRemote works fine except for Touch commands, like Swipe, Tap, etc. The MAC does not react to any touch gesture.  I reconnected JRiver with a new access key. No change. Does anybody have the same problems.

P.S. Without Touch the JRemote app is pretty useless for Theater View.
I assume this never worked with the MAC?
I just tested with both the previous build and the new build of JRemote and neither of them work for the remote movement functions on the Mac or on linux but they both work fine on windows.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2016, 12:44:49 am »

JRemote, running on an iPhone 6s Plus...

Start off in portrait mode, and all is good in the world...

Rotate the screen to landscape mode, and all is, well, ok-ish.

Return to portrait mode and everything gets corrupted. The only way I've found to get the proper portrait mode restored is to double click the home button and swipe JRemote away, then restart it.

Hopefully this can be fixed as it rotates in my coat pocket, and is a pain to have to keep 'fixing' it manually.

-marko

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2016, 10:13:09 am »

I assume this never worked with the MAC?
I just tested with both the previous build and the new build of JRemote and neither of them work for the remote movement functions on the Mac or on linux but they both work fine on windows.
It never worked. The good news is: It is not me. Bad news: Is this going to be fixed in a next release of JRemote?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2016, 07:43:48 pm »

It never worked. The good news is: It is not me. Bad news: Is this going to be fixed in a next release of JRemote?
It's not a JRemote issue, it's a Media Center mac and linux issue and yes we will fix it.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2016, 11:42:35 pm »

Thank you Bob and JRemote dev's for releasing an update!! I'm very thankful at being able to access my music remotely again.  With that said, I just wanted to note some issues that have not been mentioned:

1. I mentioned this before in a previous post, but the header for sorted lists aren't positioned correctly.  Here's a screenshot of it being misplaced.  They will only be placed properly when hitting the refresh button at the very top of the list. This wasn't an issue in 3.10

2. JRemote times out too quickly when initially selecting library views after connecting to the server.  I'm wondering if it's possible to increase the time to allow the app to download/cache the requisite data before considering it failed.

3.  Is it possible to have an option added to allow the album art to fill the screen?  Currently it's set to fit, but I want it to fill the screen.  It was set to fill the screen in version 3.10.

I sincerely appreciate the consideration!

acmeseed

• Recent member
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2016, 08:13:19 pm »

Any way to install the previous version of JRemote? I just updated it to 3.23 on my second iPad and the same thing happens, it crashes before the end of the song. This worked fine with the previous version.

Thanks.

Mike.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2016, 12:00:05 am »

2. JRemote times out too quickly when initially selecting library views after connecting to the server.  I'm wondering if it's possible to increase the time to allow the app to download/cache the requisite data before considering it failed.

This happens to me too, particularly when in a flighty cellular connection area. Often, once I get it refreshed, it will actually play audio fine, but refreshing the lists (particularly "long" views and smartlists, it seems, but that could be my imagination) it will stall trying to load views.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2016, 12:01:44 am »

1. I mentioned this before in a previous post, but the header for sorted lists aren't positioned correctly.  Here's a screenshot of it being misplaced.  They will only be placed properly when hitting the refresh button at the very top of the list. This wasn't an issue in 3.10

I definitely have this issue, and have had it for some time. I think it happened with the older version too, but I can't be sure. In any case, yes, I get this too.

It doesn't impact functionality, but it is ugly, and sometimes makes it hard to see what is scrolling by.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

BCW3621

• Recent member
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2017, 01:13:42 pm »

bob - I use the iPad with transcoding off. Just tested it with transcoding to 320 and it still crashes. Doesn't matter if the headphones are in or not. Doesn't matter if I'm on my home network or not. Consistently crashes with 10 seconds left in the song, even if there are no other songs queued. (I thought it might involve MC caching the next song.)

I'm having the exact same problem with JRemote 3.23 and Windows 10 and an iPad 5. 10 seconds and then ALWAYS crashes.

Have you found a solution yet?

Thanks,
Brian

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2017, 10:19:02 am »

I'm having the exact same problem with JRemote 3.23 and Windows 10 and an iPad 5. 10 seconds and then ALWAYS crashes.

Have you found a solution yet?

Thanks,
Brian
This is an issue with 32 bit iOS 10 devices.
It appears to be with the audio driver library.
We're waiting to see if that gets an update.

BCW3621

• Recent member
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2017, 11:37:08 pm »

Thanks, Bob.  Please clarify, though. What software requires to be updated if the problem is with the "audio driver library"?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2017, 10:45:09 am »

Thanks, Bob.  Please clarify, though. What software requires to be updated if the problem is with the "audio driver library"?
There appears to an issue with the audio driver package that JRemote uses for local playback.
This seems to only be an issue on 32 bit builds, hence the last JRemote was for made for iOS10 only because we thought Apple was ditching the 32 bit devices from iOS10 which unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case.
The audio driver package is incorporated into the JRemote package, it's not a separate piece of software.

BCW3621

• Recent member
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2017, 01:22:59 pm »

Thanks, Bob, for the clear explanation and taking the time to reply.   :)

I have no doubt JRiver will fix this soon since it appears so many users are experiencing the same problem and are unable to use JRemote 3.23.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2017, 03:09:22 pm »

JRemote, running on an iPhone 6s Plus...

Start off in portrait mode, and all is good in the world...

I just posted the very same thing today (will now delete I guess) - its worrying to see it hasn't been fixed in 5 months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up