INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragging Items in Playing Now and Playlists Doesn't Work  (Read 3515 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Dragging Items in Playing Now and Playlists Doesn't Work
« on: December 02, 2016, 08:12:09 am »

I was trying to drag some songs to different positions in Playing Now and I can't seem to make it work.  As I hold down the left mouse button and drag, it simply highlights each song/file that I hover over as I go.  The original song that I'm trying to move (that I left clicked and held down) just stays in the same position.

I made a new playlist and tried doing dragging there too and it behaves similarly.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

Brian.

blgentry

Re: Dragging Items in Playing Now and Playlists Doesn't Work
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 08:32:49 am »

I probably should have mentioned that I'm running 22.0.44 on Fedora 24.  I'm launching MC via the command line with:

mediacenter22 &

Thanks,

Brian.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 11:09:04 am »

I don't use drag and drop personally so I don't have first hand confirmation on this, but I seem to recall that it's not be supported on MC for Linux yet.  There was some prior discussion on the forums, but I can't seem to find it now. 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 12:02:29 pm »

I don't use drag and drop personally so I don't have first hand confirmation on this, but I seem to recall that it's not be supported on MC for Linux yet.  There was some prior discussion on the forums, but I can't seem to find it now.
That's correct, it's not fully implemented yet.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 12:48:24 pm »

Well, I'm not trying to drag and drop from any outside sources.  Nor am I trying to drag from one MC "area" to another MC area.

I'm just trying to re-order a playlist.  Is there a way of re-ordering a playlist without using the mouse to "drag and drop" ?  For example, I'd like to move the bottom song (last one) in Playing Now to be below the currently playing song.  I normally just use the mouse to drag it where I want it (in MC for Mac).

I'd be surprised if this isn't supported as it's a fairly fundamental operation in MC.

Brian.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 01:30:39 pm »

Well, I'm not trying to drag and drop from any outside sources.  Nor am I trying to drag from one MC "area" to another MC area.

I'm just trying to re-order a playlist.  Is there a way of re-ordering a playlist without using the mouse to "drag and drop" ?  For example, I'd like to move the bottom song (last one) in Playing Now to be below the currently playing song.  I normally just use the mouse to drag it where I want it (in MC for Mac).

I'd be surprised if this isn't supported as it's a fairly fundamental operation in MC.

Brian.
Sorry, it's not at this time.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 01:52:10 pm »

^ Hmm, ok then.  Thank you for clarifying.  Here's hoping that feature makes it into a build sometime soon.

Brian.

expat42451

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 12:06:38 pm »

Hi. I am new to the JRiver media center. First its amazing the difference in sound on my system- running Ubuntu 16 LTS  on an Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mk1 (Realteck audio chip) to a pair of MAudio BX5D2 speakers.  I also miss the drag and drop functionality  and hopefully this will be remedied  in a future update.  I have run a number of other players and this one is great.

Many thanks to all in the forum. Question- any idea when this functionality may be added?

Expat42451
Ibarra Ecuador

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 08:57:32 am »

Since drag and drop in Playing Now doesn't work, is there some other way of reordering playing now for individual songs?  What about regular playlists?  Can they be reordered on a song by song basis in some way that doesn't involve drag and drop?

I know I can sort by any column and then make that sorting "stick" by choosing "update order".  I'm wondering about individual songs.  I'm quite surprised there hasn't been more call for this feature.  It's rather fundamental to be able to reorder your playlists.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up