INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I crazy or what?  (Read 2290 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Am I crazy or what?
« on: December 02, 2016, 12:44:13 pm »

I played around with MC21 or Mac on my Mac Mini (late 2011) for a few weeks and left it because I could not get the playback to be smooth. So I am back to the W7  version in bootcamp. Always worked like a dream, always had smooth video playback. Did too, when I went back, for about a week or so. Then last night, completely out of the blue, it was worse than under OSX. Some of the recent TV documentaries I had downloaded (HD resolution) would start playing with a stutter, then slow down even more (sound kept going fine) and a minute or so into playback the picture would just freeze. I tried lower resolution material. It was not so bad, but it was bad. Just watched an episode of the first series of West Wing again (great show). This is 640 material and it stuttered on every pan so badly it gave me a headache. I reinstalled. It made no difference. I promise I did not tinker with the PC ... the only thing I can think of that changed between good playback and bad one was an automated Windows update yesterday. What could be wrong?

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Am I crazy or what?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 02:28:40 pm »

Just tried it again. This time no problems. If it isn't MC, what could be the cause? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I am running Task Manager to see if anything unusual happens. So far, nothing. CPU Usage at 10-14%, Mem at 1.2 Gb. No spikes.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 05:31:39 pm »

A video driver problem?

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 03:11:59 am »

Possibly, I am running some diagnostic software on the side, perhaps that will shed some light on it. Things went back to normal, under Windows at least (not on the Mac where I think it is more fundamental). Really strange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up