INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we have a vote for these 9.1 features please?  (Read 1307 times)

slikvik

• World Citizen
Can we have a vote for these 9.1 features please?
« on: July 25, 2003, 01:47:12 am »

I would consider these items to be both fundamental and relatively easy to implement. Just say Yay or Nay to each please.

1) Playback of files is THE most important thing in MC9. There are 3 main types of this:
1- Playback the selected file and everything in the filter (Double Click or ENTER)
2- Playback just the selected file (Right Click/Play)
3- Add file to Playing Now (Right Click/Add..)
Right click is not sufficiant for playback options 2 and 3.  I personally use these more than ENTER. Can we have  shortcut keys for these?

2) The AlbumArtist tag is just as important as Artist and Album. It's the only way of finding 'Various Artist' albums. Can we please have an option which automatically FILLS IN this tag when ripping a CD? (Its should either add the same tag as Artist or add Various Artists.) This would the give people the choice of using either your AutoAlbumArtist view OR the actual AlbumArtist!
Also add it to the tagging options for any files you highlight.
If I currently export my Album list from MC9, any that contain Various Artists are ruined because the AutoAlbumArtist will not export.

Cheers

Vic

nila

Re: Can we have a vote for these 9.1 features plea
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 03:22:41 am »

How do I see visualisations while I'm in Media Library??

Add file to what playlist for 3?

These dont bug me too much to be honest sorry.
I have my compilation albums in a seperate view scheme for compilations that I then can browse them easily.

For the playback options they all just appear in the 'sticky' right click options as your using them (as long as your not using anything else.)

There is a registry hack for this which lets you chose how many items are 'sticky'  - I have it set to 4 so this would be no problem.

The hack is here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox

Change:

MRUCommandCount - to however many items u want to be sticky - more is better I find to get items out of sub menu's :)

It's just a pity we cant stick items to it so they're always in position :)

Doing this would get all 3 commands in the top level right click thou which isn't too bad.

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 04:19:11 am »

hmmm

2... Would be very cool....
-

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 06:27:59 am »

Sorry, I meant - Add to Playing Now (I've modified the original post.)

Basically, I don't think the 3 play types are very well consolidated. When I have people round they (and myself) more than usually search through the music collection and add certain songs to Playing now (Once I've gone through and explained it all to them.)

You then get a kind of running jukebox for the evening.

I don't think resorting just to right click for these major controls is enough. I would prefer keyboard shortcuts which I could at least put into a remote to let people browse and add, browse and add.

I have to say it took me a while when I first got MJ8 to work out what happend to PLAYING NOW when I double clicked, or hit ENTER, or Right clicked Play or Right Click Add.

Scrap Idea 3, that was me talking about 9.0 not 9.1.  ;)

nila

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 07:45:00 am »

Ah ok :)

All this MIGHT be possible already thou come to think of it - all commands were moved to an external XML file - no ones played with it but u might already be able to set it up to do all this for u - it's in the data dir if I remember - have a look at it.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 09:56:32 am »

slik,

Regarding #1...

Have you played with the dbl click options under MC>Tools>Options>General>Behavior? I have mine set to Add to Playing Now (play next). Seems to be a good compromise as when I do right click, everything you mentioned in 1 thru 3 is right there at the first level. Keyboard shortcuts would be nice. When I write an MS Access DB I make sure that everything can be driven well from the keyboard.

10-27

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 10:10:40 am »

Oh wow, Nila!  Thanks for the reg hack!  Is there a compendium of all the neat things you can do like this?  What else ya got?
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

jleerigby

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2003, 10:28:47 am »

Regarding #1 I agree that generally you will either want to Add to Playing now or Play (i.e. replace playing now).  As Xen-uno said both are available permanently from the right click menu so as much as I like the registry hack (thanks Nila) it's not needed for this.  

If you want something slicker or quicker than the right click menu, well... you can set one of these as your preferred double click behaviour (and enter key)...so you need a quick way to do the other.  My suggestion is that you can drag tracks to the player display.  So perhaps we could have a second option i.e.

Option 1: Double click behaviour
Option 2: Drag and drop behaviour
Pages: [1]   Go Up