INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something went wrong with playback...  (Read 4573 times)

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
Something went wrong with playback...
« on: December 05, 2016, 06:12:33 pm »

Basic Media Center (22.0.43) install on a Mac (10.11.6).  Output device:  USB 2 to Bose 2.1 speakers.  Everytime I try to play an audio track, I get "Playback problem" - something went wrong with playback...  IF I go into Tools -> Options -> Settings -> DSP & Output format - then click on output under sample rate and set everything to 96,000 Hz, then a track will play.  However, the next track results in a complete reset, and I have to follow the above steps all over again.  Please help - it's really tiring trying to listen to one track at a time, and I don't want to have to create some Automator workflow just so I can reset settings between every track - just so I can listen to my music.

Thanks!

Library
    Total files: 148215
    Audio files: 148215
    Image files: 0
    Video files: 0
    Other files: 0
Processing
    Thumbnails built: 4% (5810 of 148215)
    Audio analyzed: 0% (66 of 148215)
Background Tools Running
    No tools currently running
Power
    No entries that affect the system power state
Media Center
    Version:
    Install path: /Applications/Media Center 22.app/Contents/MacOS/
    Interface plug-ins:
    JRMark: never run
    Memory used:
    Handles used:
Advanced System Info
    Memory & CPU
        CPU features: MMX, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1
    Operating System
        Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
THAT's what I'm talking about.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Something went wrong with playback...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 06:43:04 pm »

Are your Bose speakers bluetooth?  Most of those only want to play 48kHz audio.  Try setting DSP Studio and Output Format to 48kHz for everything.  Then shut down Media Center.  Open it back up, and check the DSP Studio setttings to make sure that they "stuck".  Then try to play again.

If that doesn't work, give us some more details about how your speakers are connected (USB, SPDIF, etc).

good luck.

Brian.

BradATIMA

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 09:11:25 am »

If you go into Tools -> Options -> Audio, under Advanced, what do you have "Auto configure output settings on playback error" set to? Can you give us the specific Bose speaker model? In Tools -> Options -> Audio, under Audio Device, try changing the audio device to use the Default Core Audio and see if it still produces the same error. Could you also enable logging and post a log after reproducing this error?

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 09:20:30 am »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply.  I have the Bose Companion 5 speakers attached to my computer vis USB 2.0.  When I set all the output settings at 96k, everything plays perfectly:

However, once that track is complete and the next starts, a warning message pops up:

...and the settings revert to their original state:

This happens no matter how I save the settings (save, save & restart program, etc.).

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 09:28:06 am »

If you go into Tools -> Options -> Audio, under Advanced, what do you have "Auto configure output settings on playback error" set to?
That was it!  When I unchecked that buried box, the settings did not automatically reset!  Thank you!!!

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 11:27:40 am »

It's good that it's working. It's possible the error had to do with the number of channels. It looks like the audio file in the error message was 6 channel. You could try setting the number of channels in the DSP studio to 5.1. It looks like your speakers might support it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up