INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB DAC setup and locating an audio File in MC22  (Read 1879 times)

akltam

USB DAC setup and locating an audio File in MC22
« on: December 06, 2016, 10:15:42 pm »

Hi,   I am totally new to JRiver and I just got a Raspberry PI 3,  so I am new to the PI 3 as well.

I have 2 questions.   

I have successfully installed MC22 on the Pi 3.     And I have got an USB dac using XMOS interface.    Do I need to install drivers for the XMOS USB dac?   I checked that the 'audio device' only has 'player' as listed.     What do I need to do for the MC22 to drive the XMOS USB dac ?

2)    I have an external USB hard drive connected to the Pi 3.   I can locate the content of this drive under the file manager of Pi.     In MC22 under 'audio' - 'file',    I cannot locate any audio files in this external USB drive.     What should I do to enable MC22 to locate audio files under this external USB drive.     

Thanks in advance.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: USB DAC setup and locating an audio File in MC22
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 01:04:10 pm »

Hi,   I am totally new to JRiver and I just got a Raspberry PI 3,  so I am new to the PI 3 as well.

I have 2 questions.   

I have successfully installed MC22 on the Pi 3.     And I have got an USB dac using XMOS interface.    Do I need to install drivers for the XMOS USB dac?   I checked that the 'audio device' only has 'player' as listed.     What do I need to do for the MC22 to drive the XMOS USB dac ?

2)    I have an external USB hard drive connected to the Pi 3.   I can locate the content of this drive under the file manager of Pi.     In MC22 under 'audio' - 'file',    I cannot locate any audio files in this external USB drive.     What should I do to enable MC22 to locate audio files under this external USB drive.     

Thanks in advance.
1) You should be able to use that DAC. It should show up as front:Card=X2 ... in Options->Audio->Audio Device
2) You need to mount the external drive. The file manager sees the files without mounting but MC cannot use the files without the driver being mounted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up