INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The mystery of the vanishing playbar  (Read 2211 times)

12ax7

The mystery of the vanishing playbar
« on: December 08, 2016, 01:53:48 pm »

Before I abandon using JRiver on Ubuntu altogether, can someone tell me if there is a way to get the playbar from vanishing when I hover the mouse over the top of the screen while playing back a video? I have no problem with that on Windows 7. I point the mouse at the top of the screen and the playbar appears. From there I can click on any of the options that appear such as stop, pause, or next video. I can change the volume or jump to a different position on the video. Also, one click on the scroll wheel will jump the video ahead 30 seconds or back by 20 seconds. None of these features appear to be available in JRiver on Ubuntu, so the only way to navigate through a video is through the keyboard. I'd like to keep using JRiver on Ubuntu but the lack of these features make it less then usable for me.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: The mystery of the vanishing playbar
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »

Are you running a recent version of MC for Linux?  Several issues relating to the OSD were fixed recently.

Also, check to make sure you haven't disabled the OSD under options.

12ax7

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 07:10:31 pm »

Thank you for the reply. I'm on version 21. Would that fix be available to this version or will I need to go to version 22?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 08:44:29 pm »

Thank you for the reply. I'm on version 21. Would that fix be available to this version or will I need to go to version 22?

It was fixed in the most recent version of 22.  I'd suggest testing out 22.0.46 (using the trial) and see if it actually fixes it for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up