INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade help needed  (Read 1548 times)

lfquinones

Upgrade help needed
« on: December 10, 2016, 10:15:07 am »

I have MC22 in my main windows computer. I downloaded another copy in my laptop and when i restored my lic it came back as MC21 so it did not install for MC22 in my laptop. Not sure why then I have registered MC22 in main computer.

Anyways, I tried to upgrade and after input of reg code, it comes to a page asking for email and password (seems like setting up a new one) but I already have one so it is giving me errors. However, my id and password work fine as i can get into support page.

Can you confirm if I have MC22 or MC21 lic? Why am I running MC22 ok on my other computer?
If I need to upgrade, who can I proceed?

thanks
luis

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgrade help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 10:22:32 am »

After downloading MC22, you need to install it and then restore your license.

Here's how licensing works:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

lfquinones

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 07:30:24 am »

It seems I was not clear enough...
I currently have MC22 registered in computer one. I want to have a separate copy in computer two so i can connect to the main one.
In computer two, I installed MC22 and went through recover license using my reg code from computer one. the email I got reads MC21 and for sure then it did not install on the computer two MC22.

I even tried going through upgrade and pay the fee so i can get MC22 again, then it takes me to a page that asks to setup my email access. Since I already have my email registered, that page comes back with error.

So I am stuck. At this time, I downgraded to MC21 so I can install both but would appreciate an idea on how to proceed.

Can you confirm whether I have MC22 or MC21 licensed? If I need to upgrade, then how do I overcome the fields asking to setup an email and new password? (I already have those registered).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 08:29:52 am »

It sounds like you installed MC22, but tried to restore your MC 21 license.  That won't work.

You have an MC22 license.  You can e-mail it to yourself from the Restore Page.

All of this is described in the link I gave you above.

lfquinones

Re: Upgrade help needed - done - thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 10:37:33 am »

got it, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up