INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music stops playing on iPhone  (Read 2069 times)

123Sunshine

• Recent member
Music stops playing on iPhone
« on: December 13, 2016, 03:13:14 am »

Not sure if this is a bug of the update, but everything was fine before I installed it:

Music stops playing after one number, but only on my iPhone if I have the zone on -this device-. Every single time at ten seconds before the end the app stops and disappears from the screen. I have to restart the app and reconnect to the mediaserver.  This does not happen on my iPad. Both have the updated apps. Both have the latest iOS, both are on the same WiFi. MC version on the pc Win10 is 22.0.41.

When I scrub to after ten seconds from the end and I release it in order to play normally, it does. But still it stops after the number has finished. Again, only on the iPhone. All works normally on the iPad. So I can't see that it is an issue of the MC.

When I use the remote function on the JRiver iPhone app there is no problem. The music continues till the end and the next number is played.

I have rebooted the iPhone, reinstalled the app, switched on/off the sync play count, the authentication etc.

It also is the exact same number that plays without interrupting on the iPad but that stops 10 secs before the end on the iPhone. So it is not the music.

No errors reported, no problems with MC on the laptop. It's a puzzle.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Music stops playing on iPhone
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 07:09:13 am »

Are you running JRemote on the phone?

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 06:09:56 am »

A number of users have reported this bug with the new JRemote update. There is a similar thread on the Remotes board. I'm seeing this on my iPad 4 running os10.

123Sunshine

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 10:16:16 am »

Running JRemote on the iPhone yes. Just as on the iPad, where the problem does not occur. And until recently there was no problem on the iPhone either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up