INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help With Handling My Setup  (Read 1604 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Need Help With Handling My Setup
« on: December 13, 2016, 07:28:33 am »

Hi,

During this year I moved to a new house and everything has been stored while renovating this new home, but now I have a dedicated room for my toys.
I used to have my HiFi togheter with a flatscreen TV so there was no problem to set up and use JR.
 So, I now have a dedicated room for my toys but  want to skip
the TV and just use my HiFi set as in older days when there was just vinyl and Cd's to play.
My setup is a dedicated computer running Windows 8.1 with JRiver 21 installed, an external HDD with all the musicfiles and an external dac  hooked up to my HiFi rigg.
I do have an Widows phone and a Sony windows tablet. But there is just one working app for the phone with very basic functions and there is no app for the tablet as I know. Is there a way to use my Windowstablet running om Windows 10 to control my dedicated computer as an "remote control?"
I would have no problems to get an Android tablet or even an Ipad if that what it takes to get a good solution. Just don't want a big screen in my room anymore.

Regards Blue Boy - Sweden

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need Help With Handling My Setup
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 07:49:42 am »

Lots of ways to do this. JRemote via wifi would be my choice.

Check out the Remotes section on the wiki.

Also computer audiophile website has some tutorials.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Need Help With Handling My Setup
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 03:04:55 am »

Simply install vnc and use remote desktop. Vnc on the pc -> vnc app on the tablet.
As you are using windows on both pc and tablet, you could look at solutions using microsoft remote desktop.
Personally i use tightvnc on windows 7 laptop, and access the same via realvnc app 'vnc viewer" for ios.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up