INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-import folder rules are disappearing  (Read 2155 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto-import folder rules are disappearing
« on: December 13, 2016, 10:26:41 am »

A number of the TV shows I regularly download are incorrectly recognized by MC's automatic TV info lookup mechanism or it fails to find the episode info altogether. From what I've deduced, this is a symptom of the incorrect series name being tagged via Carnac from the filename. In order to fix this I've set up custom auto-import tagging rules for the specific folders (organized by Series) that contain the episode files so that I can assign the correct series. However, after a week or so a new episode file will be downloaded and automatically imported and categorized incorrectly again. When I go to check the auto-import rules I set up, the whole entry for that specific folder is now missing.

This has happened for at least the past 3 or 4 weeks for multiple TV series folders.

Ideas?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Auto-import folder rules are disappearing
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 11:00:29 am »

Only thing I can think of is...

After the 'auto-importing', do you then run the "rename, move and copy files" on them?
If yes, is MC removing the empty folder upon completion of the job?

If it is, it's possible that this will cause the now non-existant folder to be removed from auto-import. Recreating the actual folder will not restore the previously defined auto-import rules. I put a zero byte hidden txt file in such folders so that after the rename job is done, the folder is not empty and MC does not remove it.

-marko

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 01:04:56 pm »

I don't use the RMC tool on these files, once they are imported they are in their final location. It may be possible that some other piece of software (Sonarr, sabnzbd, or my automated backup program) is removing empty directories automatically after I have deleted the episode from within MC. The only problem with this theory is that in the case of at least two of these improperly labeled series I haven't been deleting the past episodes at all, and the new episodes are stored in the same directory as the existing episodes (M:/Media/TV/Series/Season/).

I will continue to try and hunt this issue down. Ideally it might make sense to stop MC from automatically removing directories from the auto-import folder list even if the directory is missing. I think this is a case of the program trying to be smarter than the user.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 02:43:09 pm »

Is it possible that MC is removing the files in these directories because they are "missing" from your NAS?  What I mean is, do you have Fix Broken Links set to YES?  I'm totally guessing here; I just saw that you have an M: drive and I'm guessing that's a mapped network drive that might not be available depending on whether or not your shut down your NAS, computer, etc.  If it's not available while MC is running and Fix Broken Links is set to yes, MC will remove those missing files from it's database and perhaps from auto import too.  Again, just a (rather unlikely) wild theory.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up