INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I cannot log into Google or YouTube and I cannot play YouTube inside the player.  (Read 3019 times)

angel.b

• Recent member

1.When I enter my Gmail address and press "next" it will never go to the password page for me to proceed.

2.Also when I try to play any YouTube video inside the player (either using Red October standard or HQ etc), I get the following error message: "Failed to find or open file. (hr=0x80004005)"

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Please go to Tools > Options > Services > Youtube to set it up.

angel.b

• Recent member

Thank you.

I have done that even before I posted my message and my Google account name shows there after I have pasted the code I was provided with by YouTube.

However, the problem seems to go deeper: Not only I am not automatically logged to YT in like I would in, say, a Youtube capable STB or TV, but MC 22.0.41's internal browser allows me to enter my Gmail handle yet it does not even direct me to the page where I would enter my password for Google log in. The same happens when I would try to access my Google account with the "Find my account" option via my recovery email: my Google account is located, but log in is impossible for I never reach the screen where I would enter my password.

Can it be the two-step verification I have set up my Google account with?

angel.b

• Recent member

I have just updated to 22.0.48, yet the problem persists.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Please describe the steps you take.

Start in the tree on the left.

Choose Video.

Then Connect Media.

Then Youtube.

Is that what you're doing?

angel.b

• Recent member

Yes, that's right.

angel.b

• Recent member

Also, when I get to watch a video on Firefox (my browser of choice), JR MC's screen does indeed shift to YouTube, however not being logged into and mirroring my account, but showing general suggested and popular content from my region. My language etc preferences are indeed reflected (perhaps from my IP address), but login cannot be attained.

Options>Services>YouTube>Manage YouTube account still show me logged in as I have mentioned above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up