INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Movie & TV Info... failures  (Read 1680 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Get Movie & TV Info... failures
« on: December 14, 2016, 03:53:33 pm »

Get movie and TV information works really well when all you have is the name and the series tagged but season and episode empty with a couple of exceptions. When the punctuation is different between the name and TVDB it fails. It also fails if TVDB has the (x) at the end of the name for multi-part items.

The show @midnight pulls in the 'Name': "Guesttname1; Guestname2; Guestname3" from the guide but TVDB lists the show as "Guestname1, Guestname2, Guestname3". The difference between ; and , causes the lookup to fail. If I replace the ';' punctuation with ',' then the lookup works.

An example of the other issues would be a show where a story spans several episodes. For example Doctor Who Season 9 episodes 3 and 4. These pull in as 'Under the Lake' and 'Before the Flood' but in TVDB they have titles of 'Under the Lake (1)' and 'Before the Flood (2)' so the lookup fails.

Would it be possible to build in some fuzzy logic to this lookup process instead of having it fail completely?

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Get Movie & TV Info... failures
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 04:00:09 pm »

We do not perform those searches ourselves but rely on the TVDB search API to do these searches - we obviously do not have direct access to the database - so what we can do to make searches more "fuzzy" is rather limited, I'm afraid.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 04:58:06 pm »

The key to good results is good data for MC to use as a lookup.  If you have the Season and Episode numbers encoded in your file name, MC does a great job.  I have had MC look up many series that have (2) type episode names.  Because I always have the Episode numbers, so MC looks it up based on Episode number.

Whatever source you are getting your TV series from should have the episode numbers available.  If not, you should fill them in yourself in order to get great lookup results. 

Brian.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 05:11:13 pm »

Files in question are recorded by WMC, so no season or episode number in the tags or filename. The lookup works 90+% of the time so it is not a huge deal, just looking to see if it could be improved.

When they fail, I either manually fix the name or the season/episode data and try again.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up