INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 24 bit 96Khz output to Marantz NA 7004  (Read 3480 times)

dobigstuff

• Recent member
24 bit 96Khz output to Marantz NA 7004
« on: December 14, 2016, 05:25:12 pm »

I was hoping someone could help me.  I just started using JRiver.  Simply Awesome!!  My music server is a Marantz NA 7004.  DAC is a Schiit Bifrost.  JRiver seamlessly integrated with my iTunes and I was able to access JRiver from my Marantz NA 7004 and get 24 bit 96Khz.  Yesterday my HP Envy updated and I have problems.  At first I lost communication with JRiver.  Now I can access JRiver but I only get 44.1 KHz.  My output format shows 24 bit 96 KHz but somehow its is not getting to the Marantz.  I borrowed a Matrix DAC/Headphone Amp which shows Sample Rate.  Do I have a setting that is incorrect?  Thanks.

One other item...I thought I was linking my Library so I could access from my Marantz.  I now have a copy of every song in my Library.  Is there any way to delete them in one shot?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 24 bit 96Khz output to Marantz NA 7004
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 03:40:51 am »

How is the Marantz connected to MC?

If via HDMI,USB,SPDIF cable, then check the MC output format settings for Audio
If via DLNA, then check the MC output format settings for Network, DLNA Server, Audio
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

dobigstuff

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 06:28:35 am »

Thanks for your help!

The Marantz NA 7004 is connected via DLNA.  How do I check network settings?
Thanks again,

dobigstuff

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 06:35:55 am »

Andrew:

Found it, thanks to your help.  I am Back to streaming 24 Bit 96 KHz.

Thanks again,
Anthony

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 09:55:00 am »

error
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 12:59:43 am »

Found it, thanks to your help.  I am Back to streaming 24 Bit 96 KHz.

Thanks again,
Anthony

posting how you fixed it may help others
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

dobigstuff

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 07:08:38 am »

Sorry I didn't post the solution the other day on How to be sure you are Outputting 24 bit 96 kHz (or whatever settings you select) to your Music Server.

My problem started when my HP Envy Updated (on its own).  After the update when I would play songs from my Marantz NA 7004 Music Server, I was only getting standard 44.1 kHz.  I thought I had the correct output because when I held my mouse over the small blue equalizer in the upper right hand corner, it showed 24 bit 96 kHz.  Not so.

You must go to "Options">"Audio">"Settings">"...DSP & Output Settings, then simply check the Output Format box on the left and any other additional effects you may want to add.  You have the choice in the center box to select the Upsample of the incoming information.  Then hit "Save"  You will name it for future use.

I hope this helps,

Thanks,
Anthony

dobigstuff

• Recent member
Solved Re: 24 bit 96Khz output to Marantz NA 7004
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 06:19:29 am »

I apologize, as I am still new to Posting and getting the info out there.  Please see my Post from 12/17/16 for the solution to the correct output to Music Server.

Sorry I didn't post the solution the other day on How to be sure you are Outputting 24 bit 96 kHz (or whatever settings you select) to your Music Server.

My problem started when my HP Envy Updated (on its own).  After the update when I would play songs from my Marantz NA 7004 Music Server, I was only getting standard 44.1 kHz.  I thought I had the correct output because when I held my mouse over the small blue equalizer in the upper right hand corner, it showed 24 bit 96 kHz.  Not so.

You must go to "Options">"Audio">"Settings">"...DSP & Output Settings, then simply check the Output Format box on the left and any other additional effects you may want to add.  You have the choice in the center box to select the Upsample of the incoming information.  Then hit "Save"  You will name it for future use.
Thanks,
Anthony

dobigstuff

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 06:21:58 am »

Thanks TAO 1857 for informing me to post the solution.  I am still learning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up