INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I see all my flac files in the library also as wav files  (Read 3208 times)

clumsy

• Recent member
I see all my flac files in the library also as wav files
« on: December 14, 2016, 04:30:26 pm »

Hello : )

Maybe anybody can help me with the following problem.

Iīm running JRiver Media Server on a Windows Computer and play the songs
on the Computer as well as (via DLNA) on a Samsung Smart TV.

My media library contains .flac and .mp3 files and after a while all .flac
files are also existing as .wav files and all of my .mp3 files are doubled in the library.

I clear the library and import the .flac files again. And after a while all of the
songs appear again as .flac and .wav.

I donīt know why the songs in the library has been converted. Can anybody help?

Thankīs in front for your help : )

Best regards
christian

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: I see all my flac files in the library also as wav files
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 05:28:06 pm »

Check your auto import settings.  Tools  > Import.

You can hover a mouse cursor over a file to see its location in the tooltip.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 08:07:41 am »

Under Tools>Options>Media Network>Client Options there is settings box for Audio Conversion that says "Conversion: Convert audio if necessary". I wonder if your Flac is being converted due to requirements of Samsung (like it doesn't accept flac).

Also at Tools>Options>Encoding>Encoder Options there is a setting (check box) for "Delete temporary Wave files when encoding is done". What if this box is not checked?

Sorry - I don't get into the Audio side of MC much so I don't know how to help, but maybe these settings I mention above will help you or someone else troubleshoot this.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 08:29:57 am »

Under Tools>Options>Media Network>Client Options there is settings box for Audio Conversion that says "Conversion: Convert audio if necessary".

The Audio Conversion options "convert if necessary" / "always convert" cause MC to transcode the current playing track to a temp file in MC's temp file directory; and after a certain delay MC automatically deletes that file again. The only way for such a temp file to show up in the MC library would be if MC's library auto import function is set to also import files from MC's temp file directory. So check the library auto import settings and the temp file directory is in that list then remove it..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

clumsy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 03:41:39 pm »

Many thanks for all your replies!!!  :D

You put me on the right track – it must have something to do with DLNA and my QNAP NAS (I forgot to mention that the .flac files are stored on a NAS),
cause the location of these additional .wav files in JRiver points to exactly this NAS.

For example: http://<IP of my NAS>:8200/Transcode/A0$17432836.wav

8200 is the port of the DLNA-Media Server on the QNAP.

I deleted again all of the library entries in JRiver, imported the .flac files and listen to them via my Samsung TV. This does not have an effect.
I still see only .flac files in JRiver. So I think QNAP does some transcoding by itself independently from the Samsung. And JRiver imported
these transcoded files automatically in the library.

Since I want to keep the Auto-Import function in JRiver, I have to find a way to stop QNAP from transcoding my files.

By the way - in the Auto-import settings I have only included one folder with my .flac files. No temp or subfolder visible. I guess /transcode
is a hidden subfolder.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 05:29:29 pm »

Check under Tools>Options>Library & Folders>...Config Auto Import >your watched folder and see if the settings for "Fix Broken Links" is set to "Yes: protect files on missing drives".
Not sure what else to add.
Maybe a screen shot of the view with the problem will help someone help you.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 12:09:22 am »

Why are you running a DLNA server on your QNAP? You should turn that off. Just let MC access the files on the QNAP via a regular shared file folder.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up