INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.220 beta available  (Read 6405 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.1.220 beta available
« on: July 23, 2003, 01:20:28 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:  

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1054751628  

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91220.exe  

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.  

History:
1. Fixed: DVD playback would fail even if it was only missing closed captioning information.
2. NEW: WMA files are now analyzed to check whether files have permission to be burned before being burned to Audio CD.
3. Fixed: CD-Text burning is working again.
4. Changed: MJMixerAutomation now loads / saves settings for current zone instead of zone 0.
5. Changed: Optimized mini-me drawing code.

snarfo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 9.1.220 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 02:15:29 pm »

After installing MC 9.1, I go to the options... when i choose vbr mp3 as my rip format of choice, MC downloads and installs the plugin... and then crashed with an error in Media Core. It has done this for a number of builds--- am I the only person to have this problem?

Marko

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 02:27:35 pm »

After installing MC 9.1, I go to the options... when i choose vbr mp3 as my rip format of choice, MC downloads and installs the plugin... and then crashed with an error in Media Core. It has done this for a number of builds--- am I the only person to have this problem?

Absolutely not. It's a bug that's been there since way back in 9.0.xxx beta testing days. I reported it then, and the answer I got was to go the plugins area of the website and download the mp3 plugins manually. That does work properly, so if you're clean installing, remember to do that 1st.
For me, after the crash, the plugin had actually been installed, the only *really* irritating thing about this bug is that any options set prior to arriving at the encoding options area were lost and had to be set over again.

No mention of the ASIO bugfix, but I'll d'load and try it anyways :)

snarfo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 02:31:14 pm »

Yeah, that's my experience precisely.

Not to sound whiny, but really... if this just crashes the program and it hasn't been fixed, how about either removing the automatic downloading feature altogether, include the mp3 encoder as part of the installation package or, I dunno... fixing it?

RemyJ

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 03:56:06 pm »

Confirmed, thanks!

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 04:10:38 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: High
    Failed Move Still Deletes
    Moving a non-imported mp3 via MC's My Computer that fails (e.g., in use by another program or being played by MC itself) causes the move to fail but it still deletes the original file.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 04:13:10 pm »

Open
Date Opened: 6/18/03  
Priority: High  

1. Fixed: DVD playback would fail even if it was only missing closed captioning information.

Wish I had better news, but it's not fixed.  Still receive the same error messages and DVD fails to play.  Verified with several discs on 2 different machines.

Open
Date Opened: 7/9/03  
Priority: Extremely High

MC crashes immediately after being minimized.  This behavior started off being inconsistent and now occurs consistently.

Open

If "play" is selected in right click menu on more than 1 highlighted mp3 file in Windows Explorer:  
If MC is closed, it will not open to play any files  
If MC is open, it will only display and play the first file

Open Request  
Date Opened: 6/24  
Priority: Medium  

When option to "rip" cd when media is inserted is selected, ripping starts immediately.  Would prefer the options button to be enabled so that settings could be changed on the fly before ripping is initiated.  

Open Request  
Date Opened: 6/24  
Priority: Medium  

Delete command in shortcut menu in pane view.  Would like to delete an album without changing to content view, selecting all tracks in the album, and right clicking on delete.

Shelly

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 05:52:28 pm »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.  

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!    

3)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.      

4)MC does not remember 4 channel output selection for Direct Sound.  It switches back to 2 channels.    

5) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.    

6) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them  
This is an old bug.

RemyJ

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2003, 06:38:44 pm »

MC isn't remembering the Display Mode (Internal, Windowed, Full Screen)

In thumbnail mode, the up and down arrow keys always reset the selection to the first image in the row instead of moving to the image directly above or below the current one.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: Medium
    In thumbnail mode, MC often doesn't display images for currently visible items in large lists until it either churns through all of the items in the list or until you click on any item in the list.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: High
    When the details window is In thumbnail mode and you scroll down with the mouse wheel shortly after the list starts filling, the list often resets back to the top

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The Page Down key doesn't work in thubmnail mode if less than 2 full rows of images are shown

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The right arrow key won't move beyond the second column of thumbnails.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: Medium
    If an empty directory is removed because of a rename operation or because all of the entries were deleted, it's entry remains in the Hard Disk Location tree and if you click on it, it brings up the search panes as though you clicked on the root of the view scheme

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: Medium
    When the mouse hovers over the lower left pane and the menu un-hides, it causes the cover art or image preview to resize which is annoying.  It should just cover what's behind it as the upper playing now window does.

The 'Update Library Remove Files which do not exist' doesn’t seem to remove any entries.  After I perform the update I still have entries for images which do not exist (they have the red X for an icon)

The '<this folder>' entry in the tree version of the Hard Disk Location view scheme doesn't show anything.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: Medium
    Can't import m3/mpl playlists.  The import dialog box comes reports 1 files scanned but 0 imported.  They play fine.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: High
    If there's no disc in the cd burner and you send tracks to the burner, then select the drive in the tree, the details paints very slow.  First the Start, Cancel, Help and Options buttons paint, then there's a pause, then some of the status strings paint, then there's a pause, then the progress bar paints, then there's a pause, then the upper list paints.   Happens on multiple machines.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/30  Priority: High
    CD-TEXT isn't being written.

• Withdrawn - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: Medium
    The lower left view of cover art doesn't follow what's playing

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

msc3

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2003, 07:23:21 pm »

Streaming media problem -- again.

Receive the "Please select the file(s) to play." pop-up warning message when trying to play streaming WMA files. Here are a couple of samples:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sample 1:

<asx version="3.0">
<title>OLN's Tour de France Web Coverage</title>
<author>Outdoor Life Network</author>
<copyright>2003, Outdoor Life Network, LLC</copyright>
 <entry>
   <ref href="mms://gcrod9.streamos.com/6/oln/tdf2003video/21action4_300.wmv"/>
 </entry>
</asx>
<!-- Generated by Nine Systems Corporation streamOS BOSS - Patent Pending -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sample 2:

<asx version="3.0">
<title>Tour de France Live</title>
<copyright>©2003</copyright>
 <entry>
   <ref href="mms://wss-live.geo.advection.net/event/nine/evt20030623"/>
   <ref href="mms://wm.live.smc.net/ffnet/swin10.den/28_oln-tour_live_030623.asf,swin13.sjc/28_oln-tour_live_030623b.asf"/>
   <ref href="mms://st14g1.services.att-idns.net/2335_1453_01.asf"/>
 </entry>
 <entry>
   <ref href="mms://wm.live.smc.net/ffnet/swin10.den/28_oln-tour_live_030623.asf,swin13.sjc/28_oln-tour_live_030623b.asf"/>
 </entry>
</asx>
<!-- Generated by Nine Systems streamOS BOSS - Patent Pending -->

This occurs whether I try the link directly or download the file to disk and point to it that way.

Media Center Registered 9.1.220 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2799 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 586 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Maynard
(This space for rent)

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2003, 08:56:57 pm »

Fixed: CD-Text burning is working again.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!   ;D

I also noticed the CD burning pane paints much faster now.  8)

Now for the list:

1. TV Channel selection is still broken in hairstyle mode. When I select a channel from the list, it will simpy tune to channel 'n/a' with a blue screen (e.g. no video signal). If I try to tune with the lower menu bar buttons, it merely switches between channel 110 (the last channel in my tuner list) and channel 'n/a', forcing me to tune channels by right-clicking the screen to get the channel list menu. Not a HUGE ordeal, for TV still works, even if in a rather clunky fashion. Using Hauppage WinTV PCI card, bt848 based, if it matters.

2. VBR MP3's are sometimes misdetected for bitrate and length, causing them to be seen as 32kbps and over 20 or 30 minutes in length for a 2 or 3 minute mp3. Doesn't cause any hassles other than false warnings for playlist length where that matters (i.e. CD burning, etc.) I have opened a test file in MC, which was reported as 32kbps and 30:27 in length, in WMP9 it opened at 301kbps and 4:24 playing time. WMP9 doesn't update the display continually for the bitrate as MC does, so the 301 isnt unusual for a high quality VBR file, only representative of the first sample.

All I noticed upfront.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 9.1.220 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2517 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2003, 09:04:48 pm »

Open
Priority: Extremely High

MC crashes immediately after being minimized.  This behavior started off being inconsistent and now occurs consistently.

This doesn't happen for me.  ?  MC is highly stable on my machine. Only thing that was causing media core crash was the 3D Visualization plugin, which I removed.
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

jleerigby

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2003, 09:36:31 pm »

Serious Bug:  Back button does not take you back to previous view if you use panes to navigate.  E.g.  
In Pane 1 click artist M-P
In Pane 2 click artist N
In Pane 3 click artist Natalie Cole
In Pane 4 click album Anthology
Click Playing Now
Click back
The above 4 panes are displayed with <all> selected instead of the album Anthology.

Fantastic, thanks.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2003, 09:51:31 pm »

This doesn't happen for me.    MC is highly stable on my machine. Only thing that was causing media core crash was the 3D Visualization plugin, which I removed.

DigitalRogue's comment challenged me to test this further and what I've found is:
1. If MC is opened in Mini-me mode it doesn't crash when minimized from Mini-me or after being changed to Mega-me mode.
2.  MC will always crash when minimized if opened in Mega-me mode.  However, after being opened in Mega-me if it is changed to Mini-me, from that point forward it won't crash on being minimized even if it is changed back to Mega-me.

Shelly

Omni

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2003, 10:12:51 pm »

Serious Bug:  Back button does not take you back to previous view if you use panes to navigate.  E.g.  
In Pane 1 click artist M-P
In Pane 2 click artist N
In Pane 3 click artist Natalie Cole
In Pane 4 click album Anthology
Click Playing Now
Click back
The above 4 panes are displayed with <all> selected instead of the album Anthology.

I think I have to agree that this is a serious bug.  You guys make, I think, the only audio player whose currenting playing playlist cannot be viewed concurrently with the library.

Given that you are imposing this oft complained about limitation, it would be very helpful if you could somehow remember the exact previous view.

I'm not yelling, "Fix it now!  Fix it now!" or anything, but since it has been cited numerous times in the past, it would be nice to know that it is at least on your immediate or near immediate "to-do" list.

Omni

nila

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2003, 12:20:41 am »

BUGS
  • DVD Burning is NOT working - posted in previous thread - Just sits there saying: Writing Lead-in - Thank You!!
  • Properties pane does not update (show new fields created, changes to list type values etc) unless it is closed and then re-opened.
  • The panes are not working correctly for list types - it is showing all the values of the list whether or not there are any files actually using that value.  
  • ALL panes are the same width no matter what they show resulting in some panes having literally 1" wasted space next to them while the pane next to it has all the fields with half of the info missing  
  • Dont have 'rotate' tools for .bmp's - only jpg's.
  • Grouping for 'Last Played, Filename, Dimensions, FileSize etc dont work - we need to be able to perform grouping with these too
  • Clicking on the blank space in the properties window expands the 'Calculated Fields' group - with all the other groups we have to click on the group name - calculated fields should be like that too.
  • No real way to control images sent to 'playing now' if there are a lot of them - just says: too many to list - means I cant remove, re-order them at all or anyting - kind of defeats the purpose. Would like to be able to toggle the playlist in 'playing now' to toggle between the audio files and the images so that the list could show me all my images and let me deal with them properly. (similar to what we see when no songs are playing)

PLEASE make all values for a list visible when in tagging mode so we can select previously used values for files that are NOT in the current view scheme.

REQUESTS

• Can no longer customise which items on the toolbar have text via the registry hack.:( Please give us this back

Location Toolbar
  • Be able to customise this per view scheme so we can set it differently for images and audio

Properties
  • Ability to create custom groups  
  • Ability to customise which fields show in a view - preferably also with a button that toggles: Show all fields/Customised Fields - for the properties window  
  • When creating calculated fields - some way of getting a list of all values that can be entered (right clicking with a list of insert values?)  

• GOOD ONE Custom fields to do calculations of the files grouped by that sorting (ie equivalent to what we see in the status bar when we click on a pane) - Would like ones for: Average rating (of the group - not for anything specific so if we used it with an artist group it would display the average rating for that artist, if we did it with album it would display the adverage rating for that album etc - and for total time so we could do the same again - total time for the artist, total time for the album etc. as well as number of tracks  

Burning
  • An ability to save burn playlists, along with naming format used, folder format used etc (preferably done automatically)
  • Burn playlist NOT automatically wiped clean after a burn, if we want to wipe it let us, otherwise leave it

Marko

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2003, 04:50:38 am »

Streaming media problem -- again.

Receive the "Please select the file(s) to play." pop-up warning message when trying to play streaming WMA files. Here are a couple of samples:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sample 1:

<asx version="3.0">
 <entry>
   <ref href="mms://gcrod9.streamos.com/6/oln/tdf2003video/21action4_300.wmv"/>
 </entry>
</asx>
<!-- Generated by Nine Systems Corporation streamOS BOSS - Patent Pending -->
Sample 2:

<asx version="3.0">
 <entry>
 </entry>
 <entry>
 </entry>
</asx>
<!-- Generated by Nine Systems streamOS BOSS - Patent Pending -->

This occurs whether I try the link directly or download the file to disk and point to it that way.

Pasting these 2 into the "open streaming file" field worked for me....
mms://gcrod9.streamos.com/6/oln/tdf2003video/21action4_300.wmv
mms://st14g1.services.att-idns.net/2335_1453_01.asf

the first was video, the second was audio (think it was just an ident message)

Streaming media is right royal pain to troubleshoot as there are so many contributing factors. (web traffic, server downtimes, outdated links etc. etc.)

tony_wk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
2 problems with the IPOD download btn at bottom
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2003, 05:08:01 am »

1 old problem
when using the iPOD like portable download button on the bottom menu bar to download the mp3 to the portable device, it can't remember the location of the memory( i.e. internal/external) as the right click send to menu will do. it will always download the songs into the internal memory of my CREATIVE NOMAD II mp3 player.

2 new problem
after pressing this iPOD like button, the download happens silently. once it is finished, a message box with the info: "Failed to set image as desktop background" appeared. i thinks it must be "download finished... etc"

msc3

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 07:05:56 am »

Pasting these 2 into the "open streaming file" field worked for me....
mms://gcrod9.streamos.com/6/oln/tdf2003video/21action4_300.wmv
mms://st14g1.services.att-idns.net/2335_1453_01.asf

the first was video, the second was audio (think it was just an ident message)

Streaming media is right royal pain to troubleshoot as there are so many contributing factors. (web traffic, server downtimes, outdated links etc. etc.)

Maybe I should re-phrase my complaint. The problem isn't the playing of actual content. It is the incorrect parsing of  ASX files to get to the content.
Maynard
(This space for rent)

packyb

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2003, 07:42:34 am »

NEW: WMA files are now analyzed to check whether files have permission to be burned before being burned to Audio CD.

What does this mean exactly, and how does it affect my burning CDs - both originals and copies?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2003, 07:51:23 am »

What does this mean exactly, and how does it affect my burning CDs - both originals and copies?

For your own files, it won't mean anything.  It is only for files that have been purchased from sites that use Microsoft's DRM.  Buymusic.com, the site announced yesterday, is an example.  Or fullaudio.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2003, 07:53:17 am »

Maybe I should re-phrase my complaint. The problem isn't the playing of actual content. It is the incorrect parsing of  ASX files to get to the content.

Both of the ASX files you posted work for me.  If you have an example MC parses incorrectly, please send it to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces)

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2003, 08:11:56 am »

Open
Delete command in shortcut menu in pane view.  Would like to delete an album without changing to content view, selecting all tracks in the album, and right clicking on delete.

Same for "Properties". REALLY need the ability to right-click an album and hit "properties" again.

Joshua

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
MC 9.1.220 no longer permits CD rips
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2003, 08:26:12 am »

Media Center 9.1.220 beta available
« on: Jul 23rd, 2003, 4:20pm »

Just updated from 9.1.219 to 9.1.220. New build no longer allows me to rip my CD's. The following errors appear:

1  "No audio track selected for copying" and
  2  "Only audio tracks can be used for copying."

Othen than installing new MC9 build, the only other XP Pro software changes made were to install DirectX 9.0b and one security patch, using Windows Update.

Manually selecting audio tracks doesn't work to get rid of first error message. Problem persists on every CD I have tried. All CD's are soundtrack albums and none of the CDs are copy protected, nor do they contain non-audio files. The CD's were previously ripped in MC 9.0.180 without problems, but in MP3 format. I am now re-ripping everything to APE format in secure mode.

This looks like a BUG to me.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2003, 08:32:53 am »

Type: Feature Request
Add "Properties" to appropriate right-click menus in panes and trees. In MC9.0, you could right-click e.g. an album in the tree and click Properties to set tags for the entire album. Can't do this currently. (NOTE: the tree right-click menu has "Properties" but it appears to have different functionality.)

Type: Bug
Here is the rule for my view scheme:

~a [Number Plays]==0 ~sort=[date imported]-d ~n=50 -[Filename]="D:\My Music\Cuts" [Media Type]=audio -[Album]=[Brazilian Portuguese 3]

I have two columns: Artist | Album

Let's say that I have three albums in my library from the Wallflowers: Breach, Bringing Down the Horse, and Red Letter Days. All three of these albums were imported months ago, so they don't appear in this view scheme. Now, I import a fourth album: The Wallflowers.

Here is the bug: When I click on The Wallflowers in the Artist pane, I see all four Wallflowers albums in the Album pane, even though those albums should be excluded by the limit. When I click on an album in the Album Pane, I see the tracks for that album, even though those tracks should be excluded by the limit. However, if I just click "<all>" in the Album and Artist panes and scroll through the track list, no tracks from the older albums appear. The limit works correctly in that case.

Bring back DirectX Host so that ActiveX plugins can be used agan.

Allow "limiit by number of albums" (e.g. for use with ~a modifier). This would allow you to say, "retrieve full albums, limit to five albums".

Add "cancel" button to "connecting to media server" dialog box. Currently, there is no way to stop this short of letting it time out. If the media server is non-responsive, it takes a long time to time out.

Add option to set which library to load on startup. Currently, MC always loads the last library you had loaded. If that was a Media Server library, and the server is no longer available (e.g. because you took your laptop away from home), it takes forever to time out and sometimes MC crashes.

Type: Bug
Created this view scheme:

"Unlistened Albums" - Media Type: Audio Num Plays=0 Modifier: Full Albums

Added columns: AlbumArtist, Album, Num Plays

First potential bug: Num Plays for some albums shows 0, some albums shows <unassigned>, and some albums shows both 0 and <unassigned>. Clicking on 0 or <unassigned> returns the same tracks as far as I can tell. How can a track have an unassigned num plays? If it's never been played, it's zero. If it's been played, it's not zero.

Second potential bug (bigger): The "Num Plays" column populates correctly--e.g. if the selected Artist/Album's tracks have Num Plays of 1, 2, 4, and 6, then those values appear in the Num Plays column, as well as "<all>". But clicking on any of those numbers in the Num Plays column always returns zero tracks. The bottom window goes blank and the status bar says, "0 tracks - 0 minutes".

Type: Bug? Feature Request? Depends on how you look at it.
Scroll wheel focus should follow the mouse independently of "other" focus. Not sure how exactly to describe this, except with an example:

In the left-hand pane, click on a view scheme with two columns. If I subsequently move the mouse over to column 1 and start scrolling the scroll wheel, column 1 should scroll, regardless of the fact that focus is still back in the left pane.

Left-click in column 1. Focus is now in column 1. Move the mouse over to column 2. If I scroll the wheel now, column 2 should scroll. Currently, column 1 scrolls.

Other Windows apps seem to treat the scroll wheel the way I'm requesting--e.g. scroll focus follows the mouse, regardless of where the application's "real" focus is.

gkerber

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2003, 08:40:21 am »

BUG  Properties

Docked Properties:  click on an item in the tree to hightlight it and then click Properties.  All the tracks are editable in the Properties window.

UnDocked Properties:  click on an item in the tree to hightlight it and then click Properties.  The properties window says "no files selected".  This should work the same as Docked Properties.

gkerber

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2003, 08:42:21 am »

Type: Bug? Feature Request? Depends on how you look at it.
Scroll wheel focus should follow the mouse independently of "other" focus. Not sure how exactly to describe this, except with an example:  

In the left-hand pane, click on a view scheme with two columns. If I subsequently move the mouse over to column 1 and start scrolling the scroll wheel, column 1 should scroll, regardless of the fact that focus is still back in the left pane.  

Left-click in column 1. Focus is now in column 1. Move the mouse over to column 2. If I scroll the wheel now, column 2 should scroll. Currently, column 1 scrolls.  

Other Windows apps seem to treat the scroll wheel the way I'm requesting--e.g. scroll focus follows the mouse, regardless of where the application's "real" focus is.

We've discussed this before, auto focus for scrolling, like in Netscape email would be great.

jleerigby

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2003, 08:44:28 am »

Add "Properties" to appropriate right-click menus in panes and trees. In MC9.0, you could right-click e.g. an album in the tree and click Properties to set tags for the entire album. Can't do this currently. (NOTE: the tree right-click menu has "Properties" but it appears to have different functionality.)
Can't you just click the album in the pane followed by the properties toolbar button - that's one less click.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2003, 10:05:27 am »

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/03  Priority: Low
    Properties Pane Re-Verifies Too Often
    Editing more than 20 mp3s at once and using the tab key to switch between fields will cause MC to ask for confirmation of changes several times.[/s]
Toast goes in the toaster.

JohnT

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2003, 10:15:23 am »

Open
Date Opened: 6/18/03  

Wish I had better news, but it's not fixed.  Still receive the same error messages and DVD fails to play.  Verified with several discs on 2 different machines.

Sorry, it appears that the fixed version didn't make it into yesterday's build. Please try the next build.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2003, 12:32:04 pm »

Can't you just click the album in the pane followed by the properties toolbar button - that's one less click.

That appears to work, but right-click/properties a) used to work, and b) is the way I learned to do it...

Anyway, that's why it's a feature request.

jleerigby

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2003, 01:35:04 pm »

That appears to work, but right-click/properties a) used to work, and b) is the way I learned to do it...

Anyway, that's why it's a feature request.
You're right - fair comment.  I just thought I'd 'learn' you a quicker way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up