INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id Classic Setup  (Read 2524 times)

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
Id Classic Setup
« on: December 16, 2016, 10:53:47 am »

I have an Id that I've yet to get to work properly.

BACKGROUND: I've used MC (Audio only) for years, most recently with Win10 desktop as server, JRemote for Android as client, most often playing through stereo system using ChromeCast.

Now I own JRemote on a new iPhone, and am trying to setup Id Classic next to stereo, co-located with the NAS (all music files). All network connectivity (except iPhone) via ethernet. Had to reset Id Classic to default, got updates, added network share, and *ASSUMED* I needed to then restore my most recent (good) library backup to the Id. I can't sync (Classic has 120GB SSD, my collection is >1TB), so I thought I was doing the right thing.

Have now tried to restore multiple recent libraries unsuccessfully using following steps in Id GUI:

File->Library->Restore Library, Browse to library backups on NAS, Open

I've even tried each library with "Restore Settings" unchecked. Each time I get an error returned (see attached).

HELP PLEASE!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id Classic Setup
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:10:58 am »

You can't restore a library from another computer if that's what you've tried.  Just import the files into a new library on the Id.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 11:26:13 am »

Oh THANK YOU for replying... I'm getting desperate.

OK, I can create a new library, but... "import the files"? I have an Id Classic (120GB SSD) and 1.3TB of music on a NAS.

Also, how do I then get all my existing Playlists, preferences, etc. back if I create a new library? I know that a library is an XML file, etc. etc. But I want to put my existing library (cultivated over the years) on the Id please. I'd like to have the library live on the Id, and my music files live on the NAS.

I wish there was a primer on restore vs. import vs. sync, as it pertains to MC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 11:59:36 am »

If you mounted the drive, just go to Tools > Import and add the drive and directory you want to import.  The files won't be moved.

But maybe you could solve your problem a different way.  You could play to the Id from any other computer that had imported the files.

There is a lot of useful information on the wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up