INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: managing flac and MP3 files separately?  (Read 2981 times)

ulum098

managing flac and MP3 files separately?
« on: December 17, 2016, 03:22:11 pm »

Hello everyone ım  a new JRiver user, ı have an itunes library and another seperate flac library. As far as itunes goes it handles archive management quite well, when ı move a track to itunes i immediatly see it in my archive without any manual effort. What ım asking is a way to uptade my archive in JRiver with moving; mp3s and other file types that itunes can support, from the original source to itunes library, and doing the same procces to my flac files which in this case should go to the flac folder.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: managing flac and MP3 files separately?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 06:17:31 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  You can set folders to import automatically.  Tools > Import, then add or edit folders.

MC doesn't move files when it imports them.  If you want to move them, take a look at the tool called Move, Rename & Copy.  It's under the Tools menu.

Don W

• World Citizen
Re: managing flac and MP3 files separately?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 05:08:53 pm »

MC doesn't move files when it imports them.  If you want to move them, take a look at the tool called Move, Rename & Copy.  It's under the Tools menu.

Import will move files, if you ask it to! I do it regularly. I place all audio files I want to import into a single Import folder, which I have MC set up to watch. In the settings for the watch folder I have a tag rule for the Filename tag, which defines the filename in terms of a base path, artist, album, track number and file type. It works! The reason I do it this way is because it drastically reduces the total amount of time a manual import takes - since it only has to check one location for new files, and not my entire music library folder structure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up