INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expected Transfer (sync) speed?  (Read 867 times)

Josey Wales

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Expected Transfer (sync) speed?
« on: July 24, 2003, 11:07:37 am »

To this point I'm really enjoying MC9.0 and am thoroughly impressed with the improvements over the other media players I've used in the past.  However, one gripe I do have is the speed at which I can sync my files to my iPod (3rd Gen., 15 GB).  I'm connected to my PC via a Firewire-to-USB adapter cable I purchased from Apple, and this runs directly from the iPod docking station to one of my USB 2.0 ports.  I'm confident in saying my computer is relatively new and should be more than capable of supporting MC9's optimal transfer rate of my mp3 collection, but can't be the case as I'll explain.

I've just begun ripping my cd collection and to this point I have roughly 950 songs encoded at vbr mp3.  When I try to sync the existing playlist (all files) to my iPod I always get the same transfer rate - 0.89 MB/s!  This is unacceptable and I have read in many places that I should be getting anywhere from 4 - 7 GB/s, or around one file/second.  It took me over 2 1/2 hours to transfer my library of 930 songs!

What am I doing wrong and how can I improve the speed at which MC9 copies files to my iPod.

Regards,

Jason

P.S. - I'm running MC9 v9.0.xxx

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Expected Transfer (sync) speed?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 11:23:18 am »

Please copy your question and paste it into the iPod support thread here.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up