INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Server crash  (Read 2222 times)

massibo051

DLNA Server crash
« on: December 18, 2016, 05:01:08 am »

Hello
on a Mac Mini Maverick JRiver Media Center crashes when the DLNA Server is contacted by a Linn Kazoo app.
I hope I got the right dump .zip file attached here.
I also attach a pdf file describing the crash log (file exception.pdf).
This happens most of the times (not always) on current version (22.0.43) but same also on previous versions.
Regards
Massimo

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA Server crash
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:22:12 am »

I've had MC21 and MC22 repeatedly crash when using a WDTV as a DLNA client and MC as the server.  I've experienced similar crashes when using MC as a DLNA controller and the WDTV as a renderer in "push" mode.  I.E., controlling MC using Gizmo and sending audio and/or video to the WDTV.

At the time, I wrote it off to the WDTV being a low power, unsophisticated device.  I'm honestly not sure. 

Brian.

Domi62

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 03:17:47 am »

Dear Massimo & Brian,

I have actually quit hoping to rely on MC 21 or 22 on my iMac as a DLNA server, and bought Asset UPNP.

JRiver's server works only for a fraction of a minute then becomes unavailable on my Mac.
The issue does not happen using apps like JRemote, but on DLNA clients like Linn's Kazoo.

I have played around disabling other servers (Kazoo, Logitech, Asset) and changing the port number, to no avail.

I'd much rather use JRiver as I am familiar with its tree.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 10:57:00 am »

I've had MC21 and MC22 repeatedly crash when using a WDTV as a DLNA client and MC as the server.  I've experienced similar crashes when using MC as a DLNA controller and the WDTV as a renderer in "push" mode.  I.E., controlling MC using Gizmo and sending audio and/or video to the WDTV.

At the time, I wrote it off to the WDTV being a low power, unsophisticated device.  I'm honestly not sure. 

Brian.
Can you make this happen in a deterministic way?
We've got a WDTV here and I'd like to duplicate this if possible.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 11:26:35 am »

^ I've given up on the WDTV, as it's slow, unfriendly, and crashes a lot.

The last time I tried this was maybe 3 or 4 months ago.  At the time, it seemed to crash most frequently when I used the WDTV to browse the network, and looked through MC's DLNA accessible media.  Like pulling up a listing of MC's Movies for example.  I have several hundred movies and sometimes there would be a very long delay.  Those times, I would find that MC had crashed.

Other times, doing MC "push" to the WDTV, I would find that the WDTV had crashed.

I must be honest and say that I was using the WDTV via wifi, in a part of the house that has very bad wifi signal strength.  Perhaps this is the root of the entire issue.  I later experimented with a wifi range extender, but was never able to achieve any usable results.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up