INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: theater view-adding song to playlist-soundspectrum gforce screen /jriver freeze  (Read 1701 times)

Neptune Neo

This is a message to the software developer or anyone who may have a solution:

While adding songs to a playlist in theater view and running soundspectrum gforce as my screen option on jriver's screen options while music plays, I will choose a new song to either "add" or "add as next to play", the jriver screen pops up allowing me to choose "add" (as a example), but when I hit "enter" to select "add" the screen freezes and jriver is unresponsive although it still plays the current song.  I am forced to use task manager to close jriver, or reboot computer then restart jriver to proceed.  If I simply select play instead of add, the screen doesn't freeze, but every other option on this menu will cause the screen freeze including "close media center", "add", "cancel", "add as next to play", etc....the only option that will not freeze the pC is "play".

I have used jriver for about 5 years going back to version 17 and am currently on version 21; however, the problem I just described started on jriver version 18.  Over the past 3 years I've hoped for a solution to this problem, I have just bought the new versions of jriver and soundspectrum gforce thinking the new version would solve the problem, but it never does.  I finally decided my best effort at this point would be to reach out to the developer to request a patch that will solve this problem as it never occurred until versions 18-21 for me.  Please help.  I will list all support details I can below to help you identify the glitch, but if you need any other info, please just let me know.  This is my last hope to solve this and I really would like to continue to use jriver if you can solve this.

If I uninstall soundspectrum gforce from the PC and open jriver and I am making a song playlist, I can "add", "add as next to play", "close media center", etc. or any other choice on this menu on the theater view successfully with no screen freeze; however, as soon as I load up soundspectrum and select gforce as my plugin, the freeze problem reoccurs when I try to add a song to a playlist.  I have also purchased each new version of soundspectrum over the past 5 years hoping for a solution but no luck.  At the risk of repeating, I want to state that I did not used to have this problem with prior versions and only noticed it after I installed jriver 18, 19, 20, & 21.  No luck, I still have the problem.

Here's my setup:
Intel i-7 core on HTPC  (32 MB RAM)  4TB HDD + 256MB SSD for OS  (Windows 7 Ultimate)
70" TV over HDMI
from there I have amps and processors.  This is a high end system in a family theater room upwards of $40,000 for all components.
I have identified that the problem only occurs when adding songs to playlist while soundspectrum gforce is my active screen plug in controlled within jriver.
I have even uninstalled all antivirus and firewalls temporarily to run a test and problem still occurs.

I look forward to your help and enjoy jriver except for this important problem as I enjoy listening to a lot of music on this audiophile system of mine.
Thank you! :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up