INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win 10 Anniversary Addition & Hauppauge WinTV Card Hard Lockups  (Read 2189 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Win 10 Anniversary Addition & Hauppauge WinTV Card Hard Lockups
« on: December 19, 2016, 03:10:18 pm »

If you are having lockup problems with the TV, you might consider this fix that I found by accident.

I had an on-going problem of JRTV completely locking up EVERYTIME I tried to JUMP AHEAD or JUMP BACK using either the mouse or the keyboard. It was a hard lockup requiring Windows Task Manager to close MC.

This had been driving me totally NUTS, NUTS, & NUTS.  Did I say NUTS? Oh yes indeed.

The solution that I found accidently...

I had two Hauppauge WinTV 2255 dual TV tuners & decided to change one of them to the new Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD TV tuner for six tuners to resolve my Out of Tuners message that I always get this time of year with all the Star Trek & Christmas recordings that I make.

Upon installing the new WinTV-quadHD (model 1609) tuner JRTV would not recognize it at all, neither did Win 10.

So... upon reflecting on that for awhile I decided to see if Hauppauge had drivers for the new card. They did (drivers only) so I installed them; the new card still was not recognized by either JRTV of Win 10.

After a couple hours of cursing both JRTV and Hauppauge I decided to take another look at the Hauppauge support site & found they had a BETA web page listed under Support for my new card

The only one listed is the BETA WinTV 8 for Win 10 Anniversary Addition which also included new BETA drivers. Did not really need WinTV 8 (use JRTV instead) but went ahead & installed it all.

Upon rebooting my new card worked flawlessly ;D

AND... Best of all no more darn lockups  ::)

All the lockups started shortly after my upgraded to Win 10 Anniversary Edition which means there is something different about the Anniversary Edition that causes some problems with TV tuners.

Sooo... if you are having problems with JRTV locking up AND are running Win 10 Anniversary Edition, I suggest you check your TV tuner card support site for the latest drivers (including BETA) as Microsoft has as of yet not provided them on their updates (I assume as they are still BETA).
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up