INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: standard channel scan freezes media center  (Read 3895 times)

randy5419

• Recent member
standard channel scan freezes media center
« on: December 18, 2016, 10:53:07 am »

I am trying to set up media center with basic QAM digital cable on a new computer with Windows 10.  I have HDHomerun dual tuners on my network.  (I have a setup that works on a Windows 7 computer.)  My understanding is I should do a Standard scan, as opposed to HRC+3, HRC, or IRC.  When I do this, media center freezes and I must terminate the program from task manager.  I have done a successful scan using another option (I think it was HRC), but the scan misses one important channel (channel 5.1 for future reference), even when I do a slow scan. 

Incidentally, the Hdhomerun setup also has a problem with channel 5.1.  In the HDHOMERUN setup table, the "Tune" column shows  CH72-1006, the "guide number" column shows 5030, and the "guide name" column shows unknown.  On my Windows 7 machine, the same table shows entries CH72-1006, 5.1, and WTTG HD, respectively.  Using the HDHOMERUN setup program, I can view the channel on my Windows 10 machine. 

I've considered playing with my Windows 7 setup to understand the problem, but am afraid I will just mess it up.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: standard channel scan freezes media center
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 10:56:48 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You could try a search for that channel to see what others may have found.  Sometimes the frequency isn't what it is supposed to be.  It can be changed manually in MC if that is the case.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 11:01:03 am »

If there is only one channel that you can not find in channel scan, it might be easier just to add the channel manually, provided you can figure out all the parameters for the channel.

I recently made an attempt to fix another hang during channel scan issue.  It was for ATSC channel scan, so it may or may not be the same issue.  The change is not yet released to the public at the moment.  When next release is posted on MC22 board, please give it a try.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

randy5419

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 01:21:32 pm »

Thanks for the quick responses.  Is there a file on my windows 7 machine that has all the setup information that I could simply copy to my windows 10 machine?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 01:29:41 pm »

I don't think so, but if you edit the channel you can probably get the data you need.

randy5419

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 06:19:32 pm »

In all my tries to get a new channel scan that might include the missing channel, I have erased the results of the one successful scan I did and am unable to do a new scan no matter what option I choose (standard, standard alternative, etc).  In all cases, media center freezes.  I have powered down all other computers on my network, powered down Hdhomerun and then powered it up, and turned off the windows firewall completely.  No luck.  This is so frustrating, as my setup is so vanilla.  It is a new computer with a fresh windows 10 install and no other software except hdhomerun and chrome.  What could go wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 06:26:52 pm »

randy5419

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 06:48:02 pm »

No, using 22.0.32. I downloaded it on 12/16, 3 days ago.  Just checked and it is the version now on the jriver download page.

How wold I get 22.0.49?

I note that version 22.0.32 set up fine on my windows 7 machine.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 06:53:33 pm »

No, using 22.0.32. I downloaded it on 12/16, 3 days ago.  Just checked and it is the version now on the jriver download page.

How wold I get 22.0.49?

go to the link JimH provided
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

CountryBumkin

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 06:54:09 pm »

You can always get the latest version at the top post (sticky) of the MC22 forum https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/board,50.0.html

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 06:55:27 pm »

randy5419

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 07:22:44 pm »

Thanks for your responses.  This is not a hurry for me, as I am leaving town soon. I will put this project aside and tackle it again in the new year.  If I continue to have problems, I will post again to this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up