INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Startup Minimized switch  (Read 2757 times)

Clint

• I'm a llama!
Startup Minimized switch
« on: December 21, 2016, 12:56:39 am »

Hi all,

I recall seeing somewhere (but a search can't find it) there is a switch that will minimize Mediacenter when started under linux.

If someone could provide it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Clint

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Startup Minimized switch
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 10:57:26 am »

mediacenter22 /mediaserver

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 04:18:58 am »

It took me a lot of time and wrestling with init.d, rc.local and crontab to start MC minimized at boot, but I found a solution! Is it true that "mediacenter22 /mediaserver" only starts the mediaserver and thus the server does not spend resources on the graphical interface? I built myself a silent server with a minimal version of Debian Jessie and JRiver MC. I added MC to the Startup Applications (Tweak Tool). Next I edited the (hidden) file /home/youruser/.config/autostart/media_center_22.desktop by adding "/mediaserver" to two rules that start with "Exec". Maybe this is very obvious to a Debian expert, but to me it wasn't. It's Christmas time and so I like to share this tweak with you. Happy holidays!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 05:59:59 pm »

It took me a lot of time and wrestling with init.d, rc.local and crontab to start MC minimized at boot, but I found a solution! Is it true that "mediacenter22 /mediaserver" only starts the mediaserver and thus the server does not spend resources on the graphical interface? I built myself a silent server with a minimal version of Debian Jessie and JRiver MC. I added MC to the Startup Applications (Tweak Tool). Next I edited the (hidden) file /home/youruser/.config/autostart/media_center_22.desktop by adding "/mediaserver" to two rules that start with "Exec". Maybe this is very obvious to a Debian expert, but to me it wasn't. It's Christmas time and so I like to share this tweak with you. Happy holidays!
Linux MC requires X for eventing so it's never completely free of a GUI but it does start in minimized mode and prevents message boxes from appearing so that it will not need a interaction via the GUI.
Pages: [1]   Go Up