INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Id Problems  (Read 1782 times)

drewh111

• Recent member
Help - Id Problems
« on: December 22, 2016, 08:36:04 pm »

I set the Id up and had it running and was about 2/3 through transferring my music and the problems started.

I could no longer interface through JRemote, so I looked at the screen. I got a message saying that my trial had x days remaining and  I had to register the key - so I entered it and got a new version of Media center (I guess?) I lost my library, and have to reconfigure everything. What happened?

I can't find the directory with my music through JRiver. JRiver says I have 4965 items in my library but nothing shows up. When I try to import the library folder, it does nothing, apparently not finding the correct folder. For some reason, JRiver is looking for /home/media/music but /home is not a directory on my system.  It seems that this version of JRiver tries to map to a different naming convention that is on my Linus system.

Please explain why this happened, and tell me how to get to the correct folder through JRiver (internal/media). I am fairly well versed with computers so it seems to me this should not be this difficult.

drewh111

• Recent member
Re: Help - Id Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 11:06:16 pm »

so a bit more detail:

when I access the disc from the network, I go to   internalstorage/media/music      my music is there.

when I go to Mediacenter and select import folder  /media/music/   or   /home/media/music/  nothing is imported.

Update - so I found the files - the are under the  /export/media/    I am wondering how they got there. Can you provide some info on how I might move them to the proper directory, which seems to be  /home/media/

thanks

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help - Id Problems
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 02:53:11 pm »

so a bit more detail:

when I access the disc from the network, I go to   internalstorage/media/music      my music is there.

when I go to Mediacenter and select import folder  /media/music/   or   /home/media/music/  nothing is imported.

Update - so I found the files - the are under the  /export/media/    I am wondering how they got there. Can you provide some info on how I might move them to the proper directory, which seems to be  /home/media/

thanks
/export/media is on a separate partition on the Id drive for user media. That is also available via CIFS and NFS file sharing so you can drop files onto it.

There is a symlink called "ournas" in the /home/media/Music directory on the Id to the /export/media share so MC can pickup the files you drop on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up