INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes media import and ALAC?  (Read 1872 times)

ALACkl

iTunes media import and ALAC?
« on: December 23, 2016, 06:30:07 am »

H: I am new to MC and hesitate to install the trial version on my Mac. My whole 1.3TB library is in iTunes format and the files are ALAC. This never has been a problem with other players such as Roon. In MC FAQs, however, I don't find any information on my issues.

Can the MC be pointed to the iTunes file and folder order and will this be respected?

Why is there no official information about ALAC files even though the codec itself has been 'liberated' by Apple a few years ago?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iTunes media import and ALAC?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 06:50:24 am »

You can set MC to import the folder.  Go to Tools>Import, then set up Auto-Import by adding the folder and editing it to check the filetypes to be imported.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 08:19:48 am »

MC reads and writes ALAC files.  MC reads just about every music file format ever invented. 

MC will import your itunes folder full of music if you tell it to.  But as far as "respecting the order", MC doesn't really care about folder structures.  Instead it uses the tags in the files (Album, Artist, Song Name, etc) for it's organization.  This shouldn't be any problem though, because itunes uses these same tags.  So your information should be similar in MC.

MC has a free 30 day trial, so you can just install it and give it a try.  I hope you like it.

Brian.

ALACkl

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 08:33:49 am »

Thanks. So I take the plunge and hope there won't be a serious problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up