INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback stops after a few minutes  (Read 4336 times)

drewh111

• Recent member
Playback stops after a few minutes
« on: December 23, 2016, 03:39:34 pm »

Id plays music then stops after a few minutes - If I access the Id via Remote Desktop, it starts playing again, then stops.

I set the HDMI screen mode to not sleep. doesn't seem to help. There is no HDMI screen connected but it seems as if the Id is going to sleep after a few minutes.

I know it xmas but it would be great to get some answers!  thanks.

drewh111

• Recent member
Re: New ID Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 04:48:15 pm »

so frustrating! 

Id won't play music at all unless in Gui Mode, then quits after a few minutes,  I thought it was the file transfer but no.

It looks like I have a very old version of the Id script  20.0.100?   but it won't upgrade that.  Mc version is 20.0.141-2.

I feel like this product could have been made a lot more user friendly. If I don't get some answers soon it is going back . . .

digimuse

• Recent member
Re: New ID Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 05:17:53 pm »

Unfortunately, I too "upgraded" to the latest firmware 12/20/2016. Lesson learned - don't make any changes before holidays - especially if there is NO way to undo an upgrade.

Problem:

All was working fine before this upgrade, on both my ID 202 boxes. After the upgrade, the same problem exists on both ID 202 boxes.

Following the upgrade, when playing any track from an album:
  • the spectrum analyzer and the scrubber/track progress bar are frozen about two seconds into the track
  • the track stops playing about 2 seconds before the end
  • moving the mouse on the remote desktop connected to the ID GUI immediately restarts playing the last two seconds of the current track , and then the next track begins
  • GoTo Step 1.

Moving the mouse continuously in the GUI is a "fix". The spectrum analyzer and scrubber are updated, all songs finish to completion, and the next song starts without problem.

Disabling display from turning off did not help.

The following settings did not fix the problem (this was inspired by this unrelated thread):
  • turn off spectrum analyzer
  • Audio settings: [my original settings in parenthesis]
    • switch tracks: gapless                                          [Cross-fade (aggressive) -4s]
    • do not play silence: Unchecked                             [checked]
    • use gapless for sequential album tracks: checked  [Unchecked]
    • use gapless for manual track changes:                 <option not available>
    • seek: standard                                                    [Smooth (normal)]
    • stop: immediate                                                  [Fadeout (fast)]
    • pause: immediate                                                [Fade (fast)]

Configuration:
  • ID 202 - all music stored locally on the server
  • Software:  Id:20.0.100 MC:20.0.141-2 - this is an old version of the Id script - "Update" doesn't update this
  • GUI interface
  • Fit-Headless GS - high resolution display emulator - plugged into HDMI interface
    (provides higher resolution GUI interface)
  • Remote Control: both of these fail to play more than one track
    • remote desktop from Macbook Pro (vnc://<id-IP-address>)
    • JRemote from iPad
  • DAC: Chord Mojo connected via USB
  • Music: fails with 16/44.1 kHz files

digimuse

• Recent member
Re: Playback stops after a few minutes
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 07:41:16 pm »

I wanted to add that the problem goes away IF I have the "mainmenu" window in focus (selected) in the VNC connection to the GUI  (the "JRiver Media Center 20" window is in the background). The system continues to work - play multiple tracks without interruption, with the spectrum analyzer and scrubber working - even if I close the VNC connection to the GUI.

[I found this out by "generate and test" - but there are so many options to try - I was lucky to find this]

However, if I am connected to the GUI, and I change focus to the "JRiver Media Center 20" window the problem returns. The problem remains even if I then close the VNC connection to the GUI.

I would expect the system to function correctly with the "JRiver Media Center 20" window in focus (or with any window in focus).

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 12:05:43 am »

I wanted to add that the problem goes away IF I have the "mainmenu" window in focus (selected) in the VNC connection to the GUI  (the "JRiver Media Center 20" window is in the background). The system continues to work - play multiple tracks without interruption, with the spectrum analyzer and scrubber working - even if I close the VNC connection to the GUI.

[I found this out by "generate and test" - but there are so many options to try - I was lucky to find this]

However, if I am connected to the GUI, and I change focus to the "JRiver Media Center 20" window the problem returns. The problem remains even if I then close the VNC connection to the GUI.

I would expect the system to function correctly with the "JRiver Media Center 20" window in focus (or with any window in focus).
My apologies.
Backed out the last change with regards to what you are seeing.
Please update again and retry it. Version should be 20.0.141-3

digimuse

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 12:32:18 am »

Wow! This is amazing service. I cannot believe you got back so quickly on a holiday weekend.

I installed the latest version - MC:20.0.141-3, and my IDs are working! Thank you.

Merry Christmas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 06:25:53 am »

Thanks, Bob.  Merry Xmas.

drewh111

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 05:31:18 pm »

well, I got done with this I wiped it all and installed Windows 10 and JRiver 21.  had it up and running in no time, everything is working just fine now.  Would love to get an MC 22 license for Windows instead of Linux since I was due one for the Id purchase.

thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up