INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver not importing wav files  (Read 2862 times)

mplicit

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver not importing wav files
« on: December 27, 2016, 02:48:19 am »

Why is JRiver skipping WAV files during the auto import and how to force an import of previously skipped files for a single folder in JRiver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver not importing wav files
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 03:07:05 am »

You can edit your auto-import settings.  Tools > Import, then edit each folder to specify file types.

MC has an option to ignore previously deleted files.  You can uncheck it if needed.

mplicit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:55:02 am »

Thanks. I did try to uncheck the "ignore previously skipped records" and run the import but it doesn't seem to work for a single folder.
Thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 10:02:10 am »

You might not have WAV checked in the list of Audio file types of MC to import.  When you run an import, there is a tree of file types listed.  Make sure WAV is checked.

What file extension do your WAV files have?  .WAV?

I wonder if your WAV files simply have NO TAGS!  That's very common with WAV files.  MC would import your files, and then not be able to display them as albums because they have no Album, Artist, or track name tags.  If you search for their file names, MC would display them that way.  Maybe try using the Audio > Files view and do a search for a WAV file that you know should be there if it got imported.

If this is the issue, it's simply a matter of getting tags associated with those files.  The Fill Properties From Filename tool is probably the best place to start if that's the case.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up