INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting Duplicates  (Read 2486 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
Deleting Duplicates
« on: December 27, 2016, 01:56:40 pm »

Since switching from ITunes to JRiver, I have been completely happy with the change. In fact, I wonder how I put up with ITunes for so long. One observation though: the only thing I can find that ITunes did better (e.g. more simply) was to list duplicate items in my library (26,000 tracks). I would go in there from time to time and delete duplicate tracks (for example, if I had the same track on a specific album that also appeared on that musician's "Best of..." album). I would check 'duration' to make sure it was (most likely) the same track. Is there any chance there's a simple way to do it in MC? I have checked the WIKI and remain rather nonplussed....

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Deleting Duplicates
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 03:36:22 pm »

If you are in Standard View and look at Audio>Files, you could sort by Name (click on column header to sort). That would put all the same cuts together. You can then compare track duration, bitrate, file type. Note if these fields are not already showing, right click on the header and add them from the drop down list.

Do you want to delete them (select file>right click>delete), or just not show the duplicates? You could have the same track in different formats (mp3, flac, etc.) or they could be from different albums, or totally different songs just having the same name.

There is also a built in "Smartlist" to find duplicates. On the left side Menu >Playlists>Smartlist>Find Duplicates.

What do you want to do with the duplicates?

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Deleting Duplicates
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 05:16:15 pm »

I just want to delete them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up