INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting Duplicates (the video version)  (Read 1292 times)

ohbothered

Deleting Duplicates (the video version)
« on: December 27, 2016, 06:08:24 pm »

(Hi Guys! Thanks for all the amazing work and support!)

I have a HUGE collection of TV shows and Movies (including edits of teasers, trailers, clips, highlights, etc) that I'd like to start compressing back down to something manageable. Does JRiver let us do a pixel comparison search? Something like: compare x number of pixels in y number of frames (probably fixed to say, frame 100 and frame 200, etc). Or, randomly select frame A, grab pixels set X, of File 1 and search some number forward and backward from A, grab set B-D, then compare with roughly similar files. I realize that criteria would be widely fallible, but my knowledge of coding/scripting isn't what it used to be.

Basically, I'm looking to search cross-filetype, regardless of filename, filesize, and date. I've been working with Length of PCM, which works very very well, but I'm hoping to find a way to find those last 10% that aren't being caught because of variations in the duration, etc.

Another thing that might work (and may be a heap easier), is thumbnail comparison, but I haven't been able to figure that one out, either. I see "Thumbnail Position," but I'm assuming that checks which frame of the file the Thumbnail has been generated from and compares similar.

thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up