INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC22 DVD playback context menu  (Read 4412 times)

mrwul

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
MC22 DVD playback context menu
« on: December 05, 2016, 05:33:26 am »

One way or the other playback of DVD (VIDEO_TS, .vob, .ifo, .bup) from the context menu doesn't work.
Rightclick either the rootfolder or VIDEO_TS folder - then 'Play with Media Center'   but nothing happens.

From within MC 22, Drives & Devices->Explorer->Local Disk->select folder->select VIDEO_TS and click on 'Play' 
that's fine, but I'd like to avoid all those browse-and-clicks.

Attached screenshot of settings.

Any ideas pls?
MC 22.0.32 on Windows 10 x64

=

=

later:
installed v22.0.41
got an error "Something went wrong with playback. Details: failed to open or parse file. (hr=0x80004005)"
=

mrwul

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: MC22 DVD playback context menu
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 05:31:01 am »

bump

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 11:21:53 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. I downloaded Red October and did not choose Blue Ray. Is there any way to ad this to the Video playback once it has already been downloaded? If you have an answer for me please give me a starting point. I am new to all this.....Thanks!!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 06:59:54 am »

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. I downloaded Red October and did not choose Blue Ray. Is there any way to ad this to the Video playback once it has already been downloaded? If you have an answer for me please give me a starting point. I am new to all this.....Thanks!!

I don't understand your question. You don't "download" Red October. It is built-in, and RO+HQ (madVR does do an initial download when first selected but its automatic) everything installs automatically if you select RO+HQ.

Red October (RO) comes in two varieties "RO-standard" and RO+HQ (high quality). You select the RO you want at "Tools>Options>Video Mode".
You don't need to choose Blu-Ray. Whichever mode you select applies to all video playback. Maybe you are referring to the File Type. You can go to Tools>Options>File Types and scroll down the list to "Video" then see what is selected for Blu-Ray (under "Association" and "Playback Method"). Playback Method should be "automatic" unless you are using another program like PowerDVD or such for playback.

If you select RO+HQ (which uses the madVR program) there are additional settings available for madVR. You can access these at "Tools>Options>Video>Open MadVR settings (Advanced)"  Is this the settings you are referring to?

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 12:13:42 am »

Hi CountryBumpkin, I thought I had to download Red October. When I did I should have checked Blu-Ray. It will not play Blu-Ray's now. When I go to Tools>options>video under File Association it says "NO" and more to the right it says Automatic. I figured there must be some way to enable Blu-Ray??
Also I bought some songs from iTunes and with PMW I could go to Tools>Import and add the files from iTunes no problem. I tried that with MC and nothing. I just downloaded the new "fix" 22.0.54 and I do not see any blue lights with my Pono purchases. How would I enable that one? Help!!!,,,,Bob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 02:24:20 am »

When you have a problem, please try a search both here and at Google (jriver + subject).

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Blu-ray

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 06:44:36 am »

Hi CountryBumpkin, I thought I had to download Red October. When I did I should have checked Blu-Ray. It will not play Blu-Ray's now. When I go to Tools>options>video under File Association it says "NO" and more to the right it says Automatic. I figured there must be some way to enable Blu-Ray??

Also I bought some songs from iTunes and with PMW I could go to Tools>Import and add the files from iTunes no problem. I tried that with MC and nothing. I just downloaded the new "fix" 22.0.54 and I do not see any blue lights with my Pono purchases. How would I enable that one? Help!!!,,,,Bob

You don't need to install Red October as you know now. And the part about selecting Blu-ray during installation can be done at Tools>Options>File Types, as you know now.
The File Association to "Yes" means Windows OS will start MC program if you insert a BD disk. Set to NO and Windows OS won't do anything. But if MC is already running then it doesn't matter if it is YES or NO.  If you are trying to play a "copy protected" BD, (which most are) you need to run a decryptor program like "AnyDVD HD" or BD won't play. Or you can rip the BD to mkv format (with free www.makeMKV.com program) which removes the decryption.

For the Pono purchases, you said you were able to "add the files from iTunes no problem". And "I tried with MC and nothing". So does that mean you added the files to MC (you can see them in MC Standard View>Audio>Files but they don't play or ?.
The Blue light means no processing (like "EQ" or "Temp & Pitch" correction, etc.) is done to the music by MC. Go to Tools>Options>Audio>DSP and "uncheck all the processing features" if you want the Blue light.

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 03:24:56 am »

Hello CountryBumkin, As far as the Blue light is concerned is it a good idea to have the Blue light or not? I follow you through Tools>options>Audio>Is it DSP(&output format...)? When I click on that Where do I find the "processing features"?

When I bought songs from iTunes and was using PMW I would go to Tools>Import>Next>Finish and then the action window would show how many files I added. When I tried this on MC the action window would say 0 files imported. But it is a weird thing. After I wrote to you I checked my library and the files were in my library. How did they get there?

I am still working on the Blu-Ray lol
Thanks for helping me.
Bob

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 03:33:05 am »

MC has a playlist called "Recently Imported".

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 03:47:22 am »

When you have a problem, please try a search both here and at Google (jriver + subject).

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Blu-ray
Are you trying to tell me not to ask question on this forum??

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 03:59:16 am »

No, but a search would find answers to many of your questions.

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 04:33:42 am »

Hello CountryBumkin, I did a search for "Pono Blue Lights" but came up with my own question. When I see "processing features" on the far left, none of the boxes are checked except the top one??
Thank you for all your help. You seem to enjoy helping people that are first timers to this.
Bob

CountryBumkin

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 06:15:21 am »

Here is a good explanation of "Direct path" (Blue Light) https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Path

Note the explanation: Audio Path describes the complete path that audio travels. Any and all changes to the signal are listed in the order that they are performed.

If no changes are made to the signal and a high-quality output is used, the output will be called 'Direct'. With the Noire skin, the DSP button will change to blue in this case.

This program is very complicated (some might say "full featured") and it takes a while to learn it. Keep asking questions.
Good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up