INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird communication issue with latest version  (Read 4405 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Weird communication issue with latest version
« on: December 29, 2016, 11:44:22 am »

I upgraded from 33 to 39, and i got a weird problem. I have a very simple testing setup with a fibaro wall plug that can be switched on and off, a scene containing the plug (device), which turns it on and off, this worked fine in 33, but when i upgraded to 39. It stopped working. I depaired the plug and paired it again, which seems to work fine.  (the plug has a colored LED that indicates it is paired), however the device in engen seem to be behaving somewhat odd, turning it on or off does nothing, and adding it to a scene and turning that on or off also does nothing, and the device info seems to not be populated properly. I don't know if it is related, but using http://localhost:52199/-interface is not working either, just the http://localhost:52125/

{
    "0:7": {
        "node_info": {
            "controlclasses": [],
            "cmdclasses": []
        }
    }
}

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Weird communication issue with latest version
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 12:04:09 pm »

Try powering down and back up.

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 12:36:59 pm »

Try powering down and back up.

Powering down the computer? If so, I already tried, but maybe you where thinking about something else?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 12:39:38 pm »

I would power everything down and back up.

flac.rules

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 01:22:16 pm »

Tried powering down everything and up again, tried removing the device, and that seems to work (LED indicates it is unpaired), if i then re-pair it, the led indicates that it is paired, but no device shows up, if i then pair it again, i get a similar problem, the node has very little info, and no commands seems to work

{
    "0:10": {
        "node_info": {
            "controlclasses": [],
            "cmdclasses": []
        }
    }
}

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 05:12:27 am »

We will look at this problem next week.  Thanks for the report.

linutic

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 03:03:58 pm »

Tried powering down everything and up again, tried removing the device, and that seems to work (LED indicates it is unpaired), if i then re-pair it, the led indicates that it is paired, but no device shows up, if i then pair it again, i get a similar problem, the node has very little info, and no commands seems to work

In the latest versions, the software saves the command classes in the database within 30 seconds after receiving them from the device.   Some devices are fussy about sending this information at any time except when they are first added to the network.   So here is something to try:
  • Remove the device from the network.
  • Add it back to the network.
  • Observe whether the command classes are now shown.   They should be.
  • Wait at least 30 seconds, to allow the server time to write the database.
  • Shutdown the server.
  • Look in C:\Program Data\J River\Engen 1\Database\ubase_* and check if the command classes were written to the database.  They should have been.
  • Restart the server.
  • On startup the server is supposed to restore the command classes from the database.  Check if they are now displayed.
If the command classes are displayed in the last bullet, the problem should be cleared.

If the problem persists, then somewhere in the procedure above the command classes will not be present when they should be.   Knowing when that happens will provide an excellent clue to the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up