INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unassigned Files.  (Read 3033 times)

Wixxy

• Recent member
Unassigned Files.
« on: January 01, 2017, 12:59:46 am »

Hi. I'm coming over from the Pono version of Media Centre. I have a macbook Pro running Sierra. My Library is kept on a portable external drive. I have lost some of my albums. But I have found a file/album called unassigned, which they seem to be in. How can I un-assign them and get them back in order? The only thing I can see that is amiss, is that they have lost the year released and  genre tags. Could someone help me please?
Many thanks Wixxy.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unassigned Files.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 02:32:41 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Select an album at a time and edit the Album and Album Artist tags.

You could also try some of the Library Tools on a few files.  Be careful because they do what they say they will, which may not be what you want.  The wiki has information on them.

Wixxy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 03:13:19 am »

:) Thank you Jim. I see how to do it now. The only thing is that there are 3,711 (89.2gb) files in unassigned at the moment. Is there another way to attack this? Could I delete the Unassigned file completely and try to re-import the files? The files were alright in the Pono Library, did they get corrupted when I exported them? Also, all the individual tracks of each album are in alphabetical order now! Many thanks for your time. Wixxy.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 06:31:57 am »

You can probably use MC's tools to fill the tags but you will have to experiment a little.

If the files were good in the Pono library, you should be able to restore a PMW backup in JRiver.  File > Library
Pages: [1]   Go Up