INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id down- Cannot get to Reboot and Run  (Read 3639 times)

Cary

• Recent member
Id down- Cannot get to Reboot and Run
« on: January 01, 2017, 12:24:53 pm »

Hoping you can help me.  I purchased an Id in January 2016 and it has worked great until recently.  I tried to run the update and it will not reboot, shutting down, the power light coming on on the NUC and then never showing any screen.  If I hold the power button down, it will then force a shutdown and start up.  I have let it run 2 hours with the blank screen, thinking it updating, but that has not helped.  Once back up, if I try to reboot (98 I believe) the same thing happens.  I have downloaded the iso for a restore, run the mem test (passed), tried the file check, bootup repair, and restored the firmware, all with the same problem.  I'm no sure what else to try.  I am attaching a couple of screen shots showing the mem test and before and after the firmware restore. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id down- Cannot get to Reboot and Run
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 12:45:43 pm »

I'm sorry for the problem, but we're off until Tuesday.  We'll reply then.

Cary

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 01:14:26 pm »

I seemed to have gotten it run an update, but it still was not reboot and when booted from a hard shutdown, it JRiver is very laggy and then the system crashes.

It also does not show my DAC now (USB Schiit Bifrost) in JRiver, but shows it when I check for devices in the text screen.  Interestingly, when I did the restore, I told it to overwrite the library but it still showed up the next boot, which seems to indicate a full restore did not occur.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 02:01:55 pm »

Unplug any USB devices, pull the plug again and then power up.

Do an update and wait a little to make sure it's done.  15 minutes.

If you plug in devices, do them one at a time.

If you have a USB drive, wait to plug it in until the Id is responsive.  If it's USB 3.0, plug it in the front USB port.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 02:43:21 pm »

After the update you should be on MC 20.0.141-2
Can you double check that?

Cary

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 08:52:25 pm »

Tried Jim's suggestion.  When I said to run update, it said no update and shows I am on 141-3.  It then shuts down, power light stays on, but no reboot.  It doesn't even get to the intel bios screen to offer F2, F7, or F10.  I have also updated the bios to make sure it is not that and am on version 58.   ?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 10:33:21 pm »

Tried Jim's suggestion.  When I said to run update, it said no update and shows I am on 141-3.  It then shuts down, power light stays on, but no reboot.  It doesn't even get to the intel bios screen to offer F2, F7, or F10.  I have also updated the bios to make sure it is not that and am on version 58.   ?
I should have said 141-3. So you are current.
There is something weird going on that doesn't seem to be the software, it seems to be a NUC issue.
Can you get into the bios and reset the settings?

Cary

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 05:43:26 pm »

Reset bios settings.  Still same issue.  When I boot from cold, after the selection screen (where it will automatically load linux after 3 seconds) it shows decompressing linux.  Not sure if that is normal. Is showing Id:20.0.100, which I don't think is the current build.  Not sure why that isn't updating.  The good news is that I managed to get the sound working again so can get it to play, but it still will not reboot.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Is there anyway this can be sent back to be fixed, replaced, or something?   

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 11:13:25 am »

Reset bios settings.  Still same issue.  When I boot from cold, after the selection screen (where it will automatically load linux after 3 seconds) it shows decompressing linux.  Not sure if that is normal. Is showing Id:20.0.100, which I don't think is the current build.  Not sure why that isn't updating.  The good news is that I managed to get the sound working again so can get it to play, but it still will not reboot.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Is there anyway this can be sent back to be fixed, replaced, or something?
Yes,
You can download the maintenance/repair stick to reinstall the firmware.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,94636.msg651618.html#msg651618
If it's still not working properly you can send it back and we'll fix or replace it.

The repair procedure will try to preserve your settings/library and files on re-installation if you specify that when it asks however I'd suggest making backups of the library and any material that's exclusively on the Id before running the firmware reinstall.

I apologize for the issues you are having with the Id.

Cary

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 04:36:34 pm »

Bob,

Finally got around to trying to reinstall everything again (firmware).  Still same problem.  Ahhhh.  If you could let me know the procedure for sending it to you.

Thanks,

Cary

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:49 am »

Bob,

Finally got around to trying to reinstall everything again (firmware).  Still same problem.  Ahhhh.  If you could let me know the procedure for sending it to you.

Thanks,

Cary
Hi Cary, I sent you a PM, did you get it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up