INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote 3.23 on iPad 5 crashes on all tracks with 10 seconds remaining  (Read 4772 times)

BCW3621

• Recent member

Hi,

***** UPDATE:  I can see that this problem is common for people running Windows 10 with JRemote 3.23 and an iPad 5. Any solutions yet? *****

I am running JRiver 19.0.163 on a Windows 10 computer and have successfully used JRemote on my iPad 5 until the last JRemote update (Nov. 30, 2016) to version 3.23.

JRemote connects on my iPad but only plays one track and then ALWAYS stops exactly 10 seconds before the end and then crashes and exits the program. It ALWAYS happens this way regardless of the length of the track or type of file, whether FLAC or mp3.

Yesterday evening I tested it numerous times on long tracks (over 20 mins. long) and short tracks (under a minute) and every track ended 10 seconds before the end and then JRemote crashes. I can forward and go back to tracks and they play fine starting at the beginning of the track, but if I wait until 10 seconds before the track ends the JRemote app always crashes.

Can anyone please assist me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Brian (in Toronto)

BCW3621

• Recent member
Re: JRemote 3.23 on iPad 5 crashes on all tracks with 10 seconds remaining
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 11:33:49 pm »

It is after midnight and although many people have read my post nobody has yet replied. Hopefully, tomorrow someone will help me resolve this issue.  I enjoy using my iPad at home with headphones plugged in and enjoying music away from the computer.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 02:19:12 am »

Some of the other threads discuss recent problems.  The latest version of iOS caused some problems that may or may not be fixed in the latest version of JRemote.  There are also problems caused by T-Mobile's switch to IPv6.

BCW3621

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 09:34:06 am »

Thanks so much for the reply.  :D

As you already know, I have the latest version of JRemote 3.23, that was released in Canada on November 30, 2016.  Perhaps you mean a forthcoming version of JRemote might resolve the problem?

I wish I can downgrade my last JRemote update as the previous version was working just fine for me.  In the meantime, is waiting for an update the only option?

mttbsh

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 03:18:52 pm »

Last night I started experiencing a similar problem. I use JRemote and my player is a Microrendu. Suddenly when I selected a track on JRemote it would only play the first few seconds with no sound and then freeze. After retrying several times my player (Microrendu) no longer showed up in the player zone. After unplugging and restarting my player twice I can now see my Microrendu again but still have the problem of it silently playing just the first few seconds of a track and then freezing. On my desktop where JRiver Media displays I can no longer get any sound through my desktop speakers and tracks will not play.
I love JRiver and my Microrendu - unparalleled sound - but it can be a frustrating pain in the neck when you're suddenly confronted with these issues with no clear resolution!

BCW3621

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 03:47:55 pm »

Please let me know if and when you find a solution to your problem.

In any case, I use JRiver Media Center on my computer and listen to it a few hours every day in the morning, after work, and in the evening. I am in fact listening right now.

The problem for me is that my computer and excellent speakers are in my office, and with JRemote not working properly I cannot use JRiver on my iPad or living room stereo system. All because of an idiotic "update" that disenfranchises paying customers who had it working fine for months and months.

While I'm able to stream all music to my Samsung Smart TV (in my living room and hooked up to my amplifier and another excellent set of speakers) using a powerful router and the internal Samsung software, I lack the functionality of JRiver, i.e. accessing many Playlists that I used frequently.

JRemote 3.23 needs to be reverted back to the previous version for all iPad 5 customers.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 04:29:17 pm »

The good and bad news:

Bad: The problem isn't specific devices. It's 32 bit ARM7 platforms. So my iPhone 4s on iOS 8.4 for example crashed with the same build which is why the last build was for iOS 10 only. Unfortunately Apple decided to port iOS 10 to 32 bit devices which negated this strategy.

Good: The issue appears to be solved. I'm testing a build now that works on both of my available hardware devices, one the above mentioned phone and the other an iPad mini iOS 10.2 64 bit. The problem was not in the code, it was a bug in the development environment!

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 06:55:13 pm »

Recent iOS update (2 days ago) put the most recent version JRemote 3.23 into fits.
JRemote iOS now only list music artists through letter "A" (~300 items) for query.
JRemote on my android phone (Galaxy S6) see all ~14k artists?
Let me know what else I may do...

FYI-  JRiver & JRemote in combo =killer product.
Completely change my life for the better

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 06:57:21 pm »

Recent iOS update (2 days ago) put the most recent version JRemote 3.23 into fits.
JRemote iOS now only list music artists through letter "A" (~300 items) for query.
JRemote on my android phone (Galaxy S6) see all ~14k artists?
Let me know what else I may do...

FYI-  JRiver & JRemote in combo =killer product.
Completely change my life for the better
When 3.24 is done being approved and available for update see if it changes your behavior.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 01:53:02 pm »

PM me if you want to be added to the Beta review list.
I'm assuming that goes through Apples approval process quicker.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 07:30:36 pm »

FYI:  3.24 just showed up on my iPhone and iPad.  I wasn't having issues with 3.23 and looks like I don't with 3.24 either!  Hope folks with 32 bit devices find a nicely working JRemote!

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 07:45:15 pm »

V3.24 working here on ipad 4 32 bit / latest ios 10
Thanks!
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 09:25:08 am »

When 3.24 is done being approved and available for update see if it changes your behavior.

Thanks Bob,

JRemote Update 3.24 installed.  Truncated items (artists) list display issue persists.
MC22 is up-to-date and JRemote android is working perfectly?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 01:48:10 pm »

Thanks Bob,

JRemote Update 3.24 installed.  Truncated items (artists) list display issue persists.
MC22 is up-to-date and JRemote android is working perfectly?
Ok, added to the todo list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up