INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Driver glitches with spotfify  (Read 2692 times)

moophone

• Recent member
WDM Driver glitches with spotfify
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:25:59 am »

Hi.

I can't seem to get spotify to play back smoothly without periodic glitches/stuttering. It may play back normally for several seconds to minutes but there is always a momentary glitch throughout the entire session.

I tried experimenting with various live input buffer sizes, but it makes zero difference. I also played with the exasound buffer sizes (I am sure its not on the exasound side, as the ASIO drivers are rock solid and I've never heard a glitch playing direct from any host to the exasound dac)

Is this just a flawed WDM driver implementation or is there a way to get this working? I'd really love to have smooth spotfiy playback (premium, so I am using 320kbps streaming, and I'm on gigabit and have ZERO glitches playing spotfiy on its own or to my sonos)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: WDM Driver glitches with spotfify
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 06:47:36 am »

I would think Options > Audio > Live playback latency would be the ticket.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

moophone

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 10:22:29 am »

Its not though. 100ms gives the least glitches, but they are still present occasionally. Its not only spotify either, same thing happens using other sources

I would think Options > Audio > Live playback latency would be the ticket.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 11:59:51 pm »

I don't know what your setup is, but on my atom 330 I found the wdm topping out the CPU (tested across Spotify and browser based viewing - YouTube, Netflix etc) and causing glitches, so uninstalled it.

moophone

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 02:39:22 pm »

Its not CPU.. its a fanless broadwell i3.

I installed virtual audio cable / asio bridge and no issues.

I don't know what your setup is, but on my atom 330 I found the wdm topping out the CPU (tested across Spotify and browser based viewing - YouTube, Netflix etc) and causing glitches, so uninstalled it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up